Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

40 lite CO

72stick

I started with an Xdm in .40 with a rear site mount, it was not milled. It got me hooked on CO for sure. The use of .40 in minor is not a disadvantage when it was a 10 round limit,but the change to 140 mags changed the game. I really have not given it much use since then, I went with the CZ 9MM option.

If you don't miss many shots, you will end up down 4 to 6 rounds out of two mags. Other then shorting myself on long courses and needing a 3rd mag change in .40, go with it.

I had the 20 rounds I needed after going through the doorway... plus 4 extras in the gun. That let me push agressively on the first two steel back there, without adding a second mag change:

9mm gets you to 23+1 in most platforms... and you’ll want that kind of capacity frequently.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

You'll get the typical capacity argument of 9 having the advantage over 40. It's all about what you want to do though, if you are just out having a good time and not really caring about where you place at the end of the day, go and shoot your 40. But if you're serious about competing and winning, I would look at shooting a 9, as you will get more capacity in the mag, and that may come in handy at some point. Maybe look at getting a 40 to 9 conversion barrel rather than a whole new gun?

2 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

You'll get the typical capacity argument of 9 having the advantage over 40. It's all about what you want to do though, if you are just out having a good time and not really caring about where you place at the end of the day, go and shoot your 40. But if you're serious about competing and winning, I would look at shooting a 9, as you will get more capacity in the mag, and that may come in handy at some point. Maybe look at getting a 40 to 9 conversion barrel rather than a whole new gun?

A 40 to 9 conversion would be ideal if it was legal. No conversion barrels allowed in CO. ?

1 hour ago, 72stick said:

A 40 to 9 conversion would be ideal if it was legal. No conversion barrels allowed in CO. ?

You're right. I apologize, it's been 6 years since I shot in USPSA, and its challenging to keep up with all of those rules. Well, then it sounds like a trip to your local gun shop may be in order! Darn... 

7 hours ago, bulldog009 said:

You're right. I apologize, it's been 6 years since I shot in USPSA, and its challenging to keep up with all of those rules. Well, then it sounds like a trip to your local gun shop may be in order! Darn... 

No worries. My CO project is just a fun gun scabbed together from older Glock projects. Not looking to spend $$$ on a CO gun. All internal and external parts I had , so I thought what the heck, I'll put the factory barrel back into my G22 slide, use the old C-More STS DOT off my old open slide and remove the magwell off my TTI G34 lower. Trigger came out to about 2 pounds. I took it to the range late yesterday and accuracy was great at 28 yards. A zone hits are pretty easy off hand with 144 PF loads. Now I just need to get my load down to a powder puff mouse fart for the follow-up shots. 

Made it to the range and tested 4 different loads off a bag at 25 yards. I wish it would have been a little warmer (26*), but I think the middle load is a keeper at 135 PF. I'm looking forward to our monthly match to see what it's like on the clock. 

3.4g target.JPG