Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Less recoil on my PCC?

Loading down isn’t the key to a flat shooting gun.  In fact, 135-140pf is probably the sweet spot.

With the right buffer and spring setup, ammo gets flatter shooting with less dot bounce as you move above 130pf.

It seems counterintuitive, but give it a try.

Edited by CalTeacher
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, CalTeacher said:

Ok.  That makes sense.  What buffer and spring are you running?

Kynshot RB5000 Hydraulic (their standard carbine unit) and a .308 carbine spring.  I tried a regular carbine buffer with various weights but liked they hydraulic better.  It seemed to 'slam' less when coming back.

Edited by MoRivera
On 11/18/2018 at 6:37 AM, Furrly said:

Thanks for your feedback, what loads are you running.. 

I run factory 115gr. I also get good results with Federal Suppressor 124gr but I get faster/flatter with 115gr full power loads and my sponsor provides them so...

• 1 year later...
On 11/2/2018 at 10:56 AM, Acer2428 said:

Generally lightening up the front end is going to give you more felt recoil and likely more dot bounce, but you'll be faster on transitions. 

Good to know. I've been shooting my Nordic Components PCC and felt it was time to make it lighter. I put the Wiland upper/shroud/barrel on. I took my PCC to the range to sight it in and see how it felt. Oh man! I wasn't expecting that dot to bounce like a basketball. I had to tell my self 'this is my Steel Challenge rifle, your transitions will be faster. Just have to hit each target once.' I don't like the way the PCC feels but I guess if you want a lighter front end that bounce comes with the territory.