Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10 round 40 cal 1911 mags for USPSA SS ?

IHAVEGAS

Always wanted a 1911 in 40 , no sane reason why.

Looks like Tripp makes a USPSA SS box legal 10 round 40 mag. Would like to be able to use that mag so I can shoot either major or minor. 

Anybody have experience with using that mag loaded to 10 ? Specifically, any issues with seating or ftf's or any pain in the butt things like that?

i've shot 10's of 1000's of rounds through the 10mm uspsa legal tripp system mags in my Trojans.  I've got 13 of them and have never had an issue.  However there are some guys who cannot seem to get them to work.  I have never had an issue.  Only mags I own for my 1911's at this point.  If you load long, you definitely want the 10mm mag and not the .40.

They can fail to seat if you half ass sticking them in the gun... i've had it happen a few times, but it is me not seating them firmly.  I definitely do not blame the mag.

Edited by tha1000

I have them. And when loaded to 10, they're very hard to seat in the gun. But that also depends on the gun, and the brand of mag release used.

Btw, the 9 and 10 round mags use the same mag body. I have both. The difference is the 9 rd have a plastic follower, and the 10 rd have a lower metal follower. You can buy the metal followers, and put them in the factory 9 rd mags, making them 10 rd capacity.

Hello: I am running them now. I have the 10mm box legal ones and load to 1.185" OAL. They have run great with either 8 rounds for major and 10 rounds for minor. I have a ton of 40 brass so I will be shooting single stack for a while. Going to be working up a minor load with 155's and will be testing 200 and 220's for major. I am using a Ed Brown mag release with button in a semi custom 9mm Springfield loaded with a 40 top end I built. Thanks, Eric