Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320RX Full or Compact for co?

lfine

Looking for some informed opinions on whether to go full-sized or compact if I pick one up for CO, primarily, and home. (Not for carrying). Seeing as the red dot negates the longer sight radius, I'm wondering why it seems like (to me) I see more full-size out there. Thanks for any help. This is new territory for me!

If your not going to carry it I would get the full size. The larger grip will help you control the recoil and the longer barrel will make it easier to meet the pf floor. For reference my full size 320 is my production rig and my compact is my carry gun. 

Edited by NateTSU

Thanks, makes sense. I never gave carrying it much thought looking at its size but its ok to carry in your opinion?

Might not be a bad compromise then if I could carry and use it for CO for an occasional fun run.  Guess it could work as a house gun as well, for that matter.

(I run production on my Shadow 2 and love it - it would take a lot to get me away from that CZ.)

If you are the kind who likes to mess with the recoil spring, get the full size. Nobody makes a guide rod and springs for the compact / carry slide. 

I would recommend buying the full size and then buying a compact grip module for ~$35 if you want to try that out later. 

I have both a full size and a compact for carry and competition.  Without hesitation I would get a full size.  You have more options and more after market parts such as stainless steel and tungsten guide rods, springs etc.  I like having the heavier guide rod in the match gun.  It tames the perceived dot movement and once you tune the springs to your load....money.   

I’ve tried both now - purchased a compact that I’m selling now and a full at the range - and come to the conclusion that I’ve been spoiled by my big heavy hammer fired guns like my Tanfo and my Shadow2. 

Next step for me is to try the hammer fired Sigs with optics before milling a CZ. 

I did find that the 3MOA Romeo was pretty good, though.