Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 3 trigger bar in Gen 4

midvalleyshooter

The trigger bar in my Gen 4 has the coating flaking off where it slides on the connector. This Gen 4 has the worst trigger on a Glock I have felt. So far I have tried swapping out every component except the trigger bar and housing.

I'm thinking the trigger bar may be the culprit. Is there any reason not to put a Gen 3 trigger bar in the gen 4?

I must admit I am tempted to just order a trigger kit from Vanek, DK or JG. If I do should I order Gen 4 specific or get one for a Gen 3? What has been your experience with swapping Gen 3 and Gen 4 trigger parts?

Vanek and DK both use a Gen 3 trigger bar in their Gen 4 triggers, as does Zev (to the best of my knowledge). Several others (like Agency) also use a Gen 3 trigger bar in their Gen 4 triggers and so state on their websites. The reasoning is that the Gen 3 trigger bar gives an improved trigger pull without that Gen 4 bump on the side of the bar. I have two DK triggers in a Gen 4 G34 and a Gen 4 G17 that use the Gen 3 bar.

Edited by Whitefish

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, the gen 4 triggers ars just terrible. How they messed up so bad I’ll never know. The gen 3s ars much better.  I have a Johnny Glock in my 34, and when he built that I took my stock one from my 34 and put it in my 19. I swear the gen 4 34 trigger was better then the gen 4 19. But ya it’s definitely worth swapping them out. I bet it will improve it. . 

I've been a Glock certified armorer for about 10 years now.  The bumps on the Gen 4 trigger bars are there to facilitate a left-handed set up on the mag release.  I run conservative in my advice, and I always tell folks that it the gun is going to be used in a left-hand configuration and carried for duty/self-defense, keep the gen 4 bar.