Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brazos Thumb Rest

ktyler

Hello fellow open shooters, 

I am dusting off my open gun and looking at putting a thumb rest on.  I have tried the Double Alpha, go *thumb rest [generic]* and the arredondo.  I have not fell in love with any of them.  I have short little thumbs so I need one that comes back to about the center fo the slide release hole in the frame.  Have not been able to find a good picture of the Brazos thumb rest and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it or had other suggestions.  If someone has one and willing to snap a photo, that would be really cool

Thanks

Keith 

I don’t have the Brazos but if you want something further back try a nitro fin. When I bought my open gun it had the nitro fin and a cmore. I did not like that set up but it brings it a long ways back. I have the nitro fin and no need for it if you are interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go. In the photo the Brazos is installed on the gun in the shortest configuration. The go gun is lined up as If it were installed in the same configuration. As you can see the location and angle of the thumb pad is exactly the same. The only difference is the profile of the part in front of and behind the pad. 

7FBB32EF-A65D-4AA2-AA90-7B6638F887FE.jpeg

7 hours ago, ktyler said:

thank you for posting the pics.  that helped a lot.  I think I will try the nitro fin.  

Anytime. The gun pictured is actually my girlfriend’s. Her hands are quite small and she has no trouble with the go gun or the Brazos as long as it’s installed as shown in the shortest configuration.