Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Briley Invector ds choke

MoonJeong

Just got a new citori 725 skeet, and want to get some new chokes. The briley spectrum ds looks good, but it doesnt have the gas seal ring. Is that an issue? And who knows the real story on browning chokes and why thei comstriction is less than all the other chokes? Anyone have empirical data to say they are good or trash? Thanks!

I think only browning has the ring on their ds chokes. I believe briley makes the Midas and Diana  invector plus chokes for browning,  not sure on the ds. I haven’t used my factory chokes but I heard the same thing about them being a lot more open than the others. 

Briley chokes are as good as any. Choke depends on the relationship of the bore diameter versus the choke constriction. If the bore measures .729 and choke measures .719 that would be IC, same .010 constriction as a .740 bore with a .730 choke. .021 difference in choke sizes, both improved cylinder choke, but different internal diameter. So the choke tube constriction has to be matched to the bore diameter to get the choke you want. .000-cylinder, ..005-skeet 1, .010- IC, ect,ect.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:07 AM, BigGabe said:

Briley chokes are as good as any. Choke depends on the relationship of the bore diameter versus the choke constriction. If the bore measures .729 and choke measures .719 that would be IC, same .010 constriction as a .740 bore with a .730 choke. .021 difference in choke sizes, both improved cylinder choke, but different internal diameter. So the choke tube constriction has to be matched to the bore diameter to get the choke you want. .000-cylinder, ..005-skeet 1, .010- IC, ect,ect.

I patterned the briley ds chokes and was very happy. Funny thing is that i have briley chokes for beretta 690 as well. What i found that patterns were identical for both shotguns, wasnt expecting that even with the same chokes. 

Well - ended up getting Briley spectrums. The patterns are pretty much text book. The cool part is that I also have a Beretta 690 with the same bailey chokes. Both shotguns pattern exactly the same - that was surprising given the Browning has more backfiring!