Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Racer problem

Swanny10

So I’ve had some Racer mags for a couple weeks. I have a problem which originally was far between but is now happening about every 2nd or 3rd draw. The spring loaded insert comes flying out when I draw the mag. I’ve both increased and decreased the tension and the problem persists. 

Is is my technique causing this? Do I have something installed incorrectly? Please help. My session tonight was almost pointless as I had to “rebuild” the pouch every other draw. 

Can you post a picture of how the insert is installed ? I have several, used for years and never had a insert come out. Either it's installed incorrectly or something is broken.

Is this 1 pouch or all of them doing this ?

Just now, SlvrDragon50 said:

Mine has never come flying out. Sometimes it does get dislodged, but it's not really a problem during a match. It is definitely technique related as it only happens when I pull the mag out at a poor angle.

My gut was telling me that it was my fault. 

So apparently, I am pulling the mag out of the pouch the wrong way. Interesting. 

1 minute ago, Swanny10 said:

My gut was telling me that it was my fault. 

So apparently, I am pulling the mag out of the pouch the wrong way. Interesting. 

Loosen the tension and wax your mags, it'll help them slide out rather than building up tension when you pull the mag out (which pulls out the tensioning leaf).

12 minutes ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

Loosen the tension and wax your mags, it'll help them slide out rather than building up tension when you pull the mag out (which pulls out the tensioning leaf).

Thanks. I’ll give the wax a shot. I already have them as loose as they will go. Unless I switch to the slimmer insert. When I do that the tension isn’t enough to secure the mag. 

I have the same issue with a newer racer pouch.  My older ones do not have this issue and it was originally set for 2011 mags.  I just switched everything for production.  

We we had a stage with an unloaded start and I had trouble stuffing the mag into the newer pouch but no issues with my older ones.  I’m going to try and bend the spring to see if tension goes down for the new pouch.

It seems easy enough to bend the spring a bit and I’ll compare it against my older spring.

46 minutes ago, Mike21STI said:

I had this issue initially when i bought them as well.  I just left the mags in them for a week when not in use and that helped them set.  

This is probably the smartest approach to the problem. It’s much less likely to excessively flatten the spring. But, I’m an American....I don’t have the time or patience to wait a whole week for ANYTHING. LOL