Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

124s or 147s in STOCK 2

ElkChaser

I generally run 124s in all my 9mm and to be honest never really played around with the 147s was wondering what people prefer and why noticed a big difference in the 124s over 115 but did not see much difference in the 135 s 

To me the 124's feel a little snappy compared to the 147's. 

Both are great, I can not tell a difference in accuracy, I like the feel of the heavier bullet recoil and they are rumored to do a better job on steel so that is what I shoot. 

147 gives you a lot less recoil, you want to choose a powder that burns somewhat slow or it otherwise create more pressure increasing felt recoil. 

I was a non believer until I experimented (which took me a long time). A good bullet and good powder combo will make a good load that is accurate and makes PF .

124 are more accurate than 147 at distances but it is negligible if you load your runs properly.

Good luck.

Edited by Avenida

Since everyone is pushing 147s I'll provide another point of view - 147 felt/feel so slow compared to 124s

You're shooting a 46oz metal gun - I want the slide to be fast and the sights to recover fast and 147 just felt sluggish like I was waiting on it.

Grip it and tune your recoil spring and shoot whatever feels best for you.

I really liked 147's in a plastic gun but when I moved to a stock 2 they felt too sluggish.

Moved to 125's and I like how the sights track better. Recoil is slightly more snappy but on the timer I can't tell the difference. At the end of the day it's going to be personal preference, grab a couple sample packs and try them both.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I shoot 124, 135 and 145.  There isn't really much difference.

If the slide is sluggish, you should fix that. Strip the gun, slather "blue magic" in the rails and hand cycle it 400 times. Pushing down, left, right and pulling up 100 each.

I'm not very good, and i  get 0.18 splits with 145s. 

6 minutes ago, johnbu said:

I shoot 124, 135 and 145.  There isn't really much difference.

It would be interesting to see if brass ejection difference changes noticeably with power factor & recoil spring the same. 

Thanks for the info is there any reason to change recoil,springs when using a 147 currently run an 10lb

I use an 8lb spring with 125, 135, and 147gr bullets. I’ll be honest, I can feel a bit of a difference with the different bullet weights, but I don’t think it has any effect on hit factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, ElkChaser said:

Thanks for the info is there any reason to change recoil,springs when using a 147 currently run an 10lb

minor 9 will typically run flatter and faster with a lighter spring.  Try an 8 and see.