Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I shoot it all the time. What do you want to know?

Because you have to shoot at least 2 guns on each stage you are only limited by how the MD sets up the long gun dump barrels or pistol  buckets for your stage planning and if he specifies what targets have to be shot by what gun.  Which sometimes they do.

Have had some issues with SD's and interpretation by RO's getting confused by what targets can be shot by what gun. Being a separate division it should not really effect 2x4, if it can be shot by PCC only then 2x4 should be able to shoot it. 

That said you have to be able to dump the first gun to go to the second. There has to be a place to legally abandon it, so this will decide where and what you can use. 

Most experienced UML MD's take that it account when building stages, but cannot account for every shooter decision.

gerritm

2x4 is better than most other divisions. The mandatory 2 guns on a stage rule is pretty dumb though. There have been stages that I have had stand over a dump barrel to dump a rifle to switch to a pistol for no reason other than to engage the minimum number of targets. I wish they would do away with that silly rule. 

UML is doing quite a few things right. They are listening to feedback and putting on fun matches first and foremost. I'm a bit worried they are trying to tackle too many things at once and their classification system is a bit excessive.