Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vendors That Don't Have Their $hit Together

Clay1

Over two months ago I order some popular base pads and another sight from a vendor that seems to always be behind in their product availability. They say they have the Glock basepads in stock but the sight is on back order so I said just ship me the basepads. A week later they arrive except they are designed to fit a Para and not a Glock.

I call them up and the guy who answers the phone says that he is sorry for the mistake and cannot figure out why I was sent the wrong ones and he would send out the right ones right away.

This time a couple of weeks go by and I call and ask where are my base pads. They are on back order. But they will ship next week. I ask about my sight and it is in stock. I tell them just to mail both of them at the same time next week.

Two more weeks go by and I call and ask where are my basepads. They are instock and I don't understand why they weren't shipped to you. What did you order again? I don't think they even had my order on file. I asked about the sight and it was in stock two weeks ago but now it will be 6 to 8 weeks before it becomes available. Out of frustration I tell them to send me what they have now.

Thought about it for 15 mins and called back and cancelled everything that I had on order with them. Life is too short to wait over 2 months for things that I was told were in stock.

How do these places stay in business with this kind of customer service? I shoot their sights now, but will probably just put Bo-mars on the other glock and move forward.

Rick

Thought about it for 15 mins and called back and cancelled everything that I had on order with them.  Life is too short to wait over 2 months for things that I was told were in stock. 

Rick

Tell me you have it or tell me you don't. Either way is ok. But don't lie to me. I, like Rick, will cancel my order and buy from someone else.

FWIW

dj

I hate it when they don't tell you something is on back order. They would be FAR better off to tell the truth up front. I would rather them tell me they don't have something, and DON'T KNOW when they will have it, then to keep stringing me along. Pisses me off, and then I just don't go back. The only way they learn is $$$.

I really hate it when I finally cancel my order, actually get the product I want from somewhere else, but still receive the cancelled order at a later date.

These days I just stick with Shooters Connection. No drama with Chuck ever...

JFD, that "cancell the order and then the product arrives" is how I ended up with two tact lights. I ordered a holster and an Innova T3 from Botach (notice how I didn't mention the original vendor - but these guys are just plain bad so no such respect given). The holster never came, but I finally cancelled my order since they wouldn't return email or phone calls and I recieved the light within a couple of days after the cancellation. Botach is just a bad experience waiting to happen.

Anyhow now have the T3 in the van and the C2 in with the gun bag.

Rick

Botach is pretty much famous as being a crap place to deal with. I heard early enough that I've left them alone. Heard bad stuff about Rush too, but my experience was very good with them.

I'm keeping quiet about my vendor's name as well. They make great stuff, seem to have great intentions, but their customer service tends to fall apart at the same time I hit that ORDER icon. I believe your "original vendor" is the same as my "original vendor".

I really think that if the vendor's are mentioned it would help us not to make the same mistake. Also the loss of business would help these guys clean up their act. Chuck Bradley has always done great for me. I try to steer my business to him whenever I can. It actually scares me how fast things get here. Shooters Connection is the best.