Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Div.: Are These Magazines Legal?

RCNet

Hi Everyone,

I recently started shooting USPA Production Div. with my Beretta 92FS and I have a quick question on the legality of using replacement rubber basepads on my magazines. My magazines are factory 15 round that I load to 10 for competition with the standard aluminum basepads. The baseplates are getting pretty beaten-up by constantly falling in the gravel during competition and practice. I was thinking of getting replacement rubber basepads from Beretta, but I'm wondering if I would be running afoul of the Prod. Div rules by doing so.

The rule book says that limited modifications are allowed, but also states that no weighted attachements are allowed to the magazine. These rubber baseplates are maybe a tad heavier than the stock aluminum baseplates, and are ~1/4 inch thicker. I also saw an NROI ruling on external modifications which stated that exchanging parts from one approved gun to another approved gun was allowed, provided that it is a OEM part. Beretta includes magazines with the rubber basepad standard on the 92G Elite II which is also on the Production Handgun List.

My question is, am I free to change to the rubber basepads for my 92FS since they are standard on the 92G Elite II, or am I going to have problems because they might be considered as "a weighted attachement" no matter how slight that weight may be?

Thanks for your help!!

Roger N.