Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI Steel Master value

old558

I am looking for an STI Steel Master and got a response locally from someone willing to sell. This a 2012 model Steel Master with aprox 1K down the pipe and looks very clean in the pictures sent. Gun is stainless so I know on a new gun that adds value. He is asking $2500. I think that's a little high as I saw a new DVC Steel not sell for $3300 on Gunbroker. Anyway thanks in advance for your thoughts.  

To the best of my knowledge, STI has not made that gun in stainless steel. Perhaps it is hardcrome?

There was a used one on Bud's for $1850 IIRC not that long ago and it sold so I'd say $2000 would be a fair price for a hardchromed gun.

Correct, Blued or Chromed.  MSRP of the blued Steel Master was $3048 when it came out, Chrome was $500 more,  I bought my Chromed Steel Master new (which I love) for a little over $3000 in 2012.  Take a look at this Enos ad from March for a blued Steel Master.    A quick search on the web shows that $2600-$2700 is NIB listed price for the blued (of course no one has one in stock, so take that with a grain of salt) , check grabagun.com,  whichgun.com, armslist.com.  I would say the $2500 for a used chromed is not out of the question, the thing to do since this is local to you, check it out in person, offer him $2000 and see what he counters at.