Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Coke Zero

BigDave

i was being a bit facetious. aspartame is NOT dangerous, unless you have PKU. with the amount of aspartame ingested daily, if it was dangerous we'd have the biggest worldwide heath problem in history on our hands. i'd be shocked if anyone could show me even ONE well-controlled trial that showed any adverse health effects caused by aspartame.

go here for some mythbusting:

http://www.aspartame.org/aspartame_myths.html

Oh, I know and I agree with you 100%. If what they said was true, diabetics should be a mob of zombies by now. But, like many things, there isn't a thing wrong with moderation.

i was being a bit facetious. aspartame is NOT dangerous, unless you have PKU. with the amount of aspartame ingested daily, if it was dangerous we'd have the biggest worldwide heath problem in history on our hands. i'd be shocked if anyone could show me even ONE well-controlled trial that showed any adverse health effects caused by aspartame.

go here for some mythbusting:

http://www.aspartame.org/aspartame_myths.html

I'll see if I can't find all the old studies that show cigarette smoking is not dangerous. ;)

I'll see if I can't find all the old studies that show cigarette smoking is not dangerous.  ;)
:lol::lol: good one. of course, aspartame has been around long enough for the scaremongers to come up with a single, just one, well-controlled trial that shows a real link to ANY adverse health effects. if it was as bad as they say, there'd be hundreds of such trials.

eric: water? it seems like EVERYONE is drinking water now...bottled, of course, for a buck or 2.

I'm convinced that if aspartame was the slightest bit toxic I would be pushing up daisies.

Travis F.

That's what used to be said about dozens of things that we now know (30-80 years later) are not healthy for us. They also used to say there was no way a hetersexual could get HIV when it first came out, but those rules have changed also.

Take it for what's its worth, everyone's an adult and responsible for their own decisions. Just info.

Take it for what's its worth, everyone's an adult and responsible for their own decisions. Just info.
but the info needs to be reliable. type aspartame into google and see if any of those anti-aspartame sites (and there are hundreds of them) are spewing anything but garbage. i'll believe aspartame to be dangerous when i start seeing real, well-controlled trials showing a link to adverse consequences. so far there appear to be NONE.