Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gen 5 extended mag buttons

YVK

I am playing with a Glock these days, mine is Gen 5. After several dry and live fire sessions I realized that I have been totally spoiled by my Tanfo and CZ mag release buttons. Glock's is a big one but a little flat. I'd like it to stick out a bit more. What are my options?

The factory extended FBI release is fantastic.  Just enough extra length to make reaching the mag release a breeze.

I have short, stubby thumbs and this part works wonders for me.

Thanks, man. I've not been in a Glock world for some time, don't know if anything popped up since I had a Gen4 17 with FBI release. Found $60 "mag release system" from Rainier, almost bought it just to see wth. Got a couple of FBI extended units for 4 bucks each coming instead.

41 minutes ago, cheby said:

Can you use after market mag release for Production/Carry Optic guns??

You can now swap out small aftermarket parts in production and carry optic. 

Follow up: NDZ had the lowest price for OEM extended button so I picked up a couple. Since the NDZ own part, the aluminum one, was only 15 bucks, I got one too. Installed it and couldn't go through 100 rounds without mags dropping. It looks like interference with a support hand because when I shoot left handed, nothing drops. However, for a couple of reasons I that the part itself doesn't hold the mag too well.

OEM extended parts work well. Would not recommend the NDZ mag catch.