Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Freedom Gunworks 1911

rojo1911

I am looking to buy a Freedom Gunworks 1911 as my first custom pistol. Does anyone have any reviews or comments on their products? I’m wanting to know about the quality, how well the hold up with a lot of rounds through them, and any issuss people have experienced. Trying to get some feedback before I purchase. Thanks in advance. 

I have a ck  arms open gun. I’d buy another. My buddy has one sent back to Bobby getting a new slide on his open gun. Pretty good customer service. Open guns are pushed to edge. Same guy had freedom gun works  40 limited gun. It was a awsome gun also. For the money they are awsome guns

I have 3 custom FGW’s and they are very reliable and well made and I would go to him again for a custom gun. One is a Limited 2011 with about 15k downrange and just now feels broken in. The two times I had sight issues with them Mr. Keegan was kind of a grumpy Gus to deal with, otherwise nice to deal with.

I have two, a 5.5" .40 and a 6" 9mm.  I wouldn't hesitate to buy a third.  Bobby has always been pleasant to deal with for me.

FGW6inch9mm.jpg

Edited by pdufren
Added Picture

4 hours ago, Tanfoglio 38 super said:

Is there a place in europe where i can buy a ck arms 2011 gun?

Best bet is to order from Rene at Speed Shooters Intl. 

What country are you in?  Might be able to get you more info. 

Edited by scooterj
Additional info

I'm a CKARMS, FGW, CCG convert.  5" Limited gun in 40, 5" IDPA/3gun in 9mm, Double stack, 9mm Commander for work and a 5" version on the way.  I'd look on Shooters Connection to see if they have a 1911 that suits you.  You can have those in 2 days!!