Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oakley

ong45

I have a pair of oakley M frames that i have had for 6 or so years. Recently the tabs on the lens that attach to the frame cracked on both sides, i called customer service and they REPLACED it with a new lens for a 29$ processing fee ( 70$ new)

Oakley kicks ass!! incidentally a couple of years ago i got the same service when the hinge on the frame broke.

I guess there's a reason M frames still cost an arm and a leg :)

James

I have had nothing but fantastic dealings with Oakley. I purchased a pair of Square Wires 5 years ago. After I purchased my M-Frames :wub:, my wife cabbaged onto the Square Wires. Well, she misplaced them, but we found them about a year later. They were pretty dinged up; scratched lenses, bent stems. They were wearable, but really needed a good tuning. So, I called Oakley and they also said they'll tune them up for $29. Less than a week later I have what look to me like brand new Square Wires. If they weren't brand new, I couldn't tell. That is one of the big reasons why Oakley has and will continue to get all of eyewear business. I liked them so much I have a pair of Rx frames and lenses. They are simply fantastic.

I've replaced several broken M-Frames and Zeros through Oakley customer service. I even replaced a couple in person at the factory near LA. The folks there have always been great to deal with.

I have to say, though - with the initial price of those suckers, offering relatively cheap replacement is the least they can do ;)

I suspect that, once you throw in handling and shipping at Oakley, their cost is probably about half of what you're paying for replacement. Which suggests how much margin is in the things to begin with ;)

I suspect they have a relatively large R&D budget, with as many new things as they come out with...

Still, it's nice to get 'em replaced if they get whacked... The plastic M-frames and the Zeros both crack eventually due to normal wear (flexing the plastic when taking them off and putting them on). Having to pay a Franklin for new sunglasses every two years or so would suck....

As long as the topic has veered off the "I Like" into commentary.

Oakley is very agressive about making sure that buyers never get a "deal" - if an Oakley dealer is caught selling for less than 100.00% retail, they're not going to be a Oakley dealer much longer.

There's a pretty good chance the replacements are leaving the factory for at least as much as the originals did.

This is like the Lee reloading guarantee - "50% max of retail to rebuild a press" - when the street price available to the individual non-dealer is a bit above 50%.

That is why you befriend a police officer and get your Oakleys through their buying program. 1/2 of retail. I wouldn't buy them any other way. R&D, how about just making up for the millions they pay atheletes to wear their eyewear(that they gave them to begin with). I love Oakley, they are pricey, but worth it to me.

TXAG

I love Oakleys and dont wear anything else. I love the boots and glasses. I have never seen the clarity in any glasses like Oakleys. There customer service with me has been great and I have no complaints at all. They have repaired or given new anything I've called them with.

I wouldn't care if I had to borrow against my home...Oakley products are worth EVERY penny you spend on 'em. Clarity and strength of the lens is what makes the product worth the purchase price.

Besides...how much are your EYES worth to you??? ;)