Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 Safety Question

rougeqc21

Well, this evening has been fun. Did a detail strip of my S2 and it seems like that if I really pull the trigger with the safety engaged, the hammer will drop, albeit not without a good amount of resistance beforehand. I don't remember if this is normal or not for having not tested it prior. Am 3K rounds in so decided it was time to strip. The process went smooth for the most part with the only hitch being I forgot where the sear bushing went.

Did verify that the left and right safety detent plungers are oriented correctly. The left one has a spring, the right one does not.

Thoughts?

Take off slide. Watch what the safety does to the sear when engaged.  If parts are properly installed and manufactured, they should be no way for the sear to rotate while the safety is engaged.

The set screw on the sear looks like it may have backed out and needs to be tightened down. If I remember correctly you will need to get the hammer back to SA and apply safety then tighten the screw down until it makes contact with the shelf on safety. 

Hope this helps. 

That’s the adjustable sear from CGW with the setscrew. Magpulled is correct in stating the screw might have backed out. Just remove, clean and put loctite blue in it and reinstall and adjust so the safety locks the seat in place when the safety is engaged.