Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 mag release on cm

AngeloConde

You’ll need to fit it. The notch is different on each of those mag release. I tried fitting my shadow 2 mag release to my TSO which uses the same mag release with the cm and it needs some Dremel work to get it working properly.

On 4/28/2018 at 3:36 PM, muncie21 said:

The CM/TS/TSO mags are wider than the standard CZ75/SP01/S2 mags.  The S2 mag release assembly will 'fit' however you'll need to do some grinding to make your mags fit.

I see what you're saying I gotta grind the inside well to match the ts/cm mag release. I'm going to order one and do it should be a fun quick and easy job

10 hours ago, AngeloConde said:

I see what you're saying I gotta grind the inside well to match the ts/cm mag release. I'm going to order one and do it should be a fun quick and easy job

Where the red line is in the pic below is where you'll need to grind.  Hopefully there's enough material in that location to remove, to allow the magazine to drop in/out without resistance.

S2_Safety.jpg.23bed5be89e9d32d86339236f666ffd4.jpg

1 hour ago, muncie21 said:

Where the red line is in the pic below is where you'll need to grind.  Hopefully there's enough material in that location to remove, to allow the magazine to drop in/out without resistance.

S2_Safety.jpg.23bed5be89e9d32d86339236f666ffd4.jpg

Hell yea I'll have to check it out

3 minutes ago, Leadpilot said:

I took a couple thou off the factory release then drilled and tapped for the S2 thumb pad.

40B40CFD-B479-4FA4-B9DC-0E9953B07D77.jpeg

That looks sick too what size but and tap I may end up going that route it's easier the cutting and fitting

It think it was a 3mm setup, might have been 4mm. The cool thing about going this route is you can adjust the pad to the angle that works best for your thumb. You will need to loctite it in when you figure out where you want it.

17FEBAC3-F386-4FE0-9DBD-936FC7228965.jpeg

Edited by Leadpilot

46 minutes ago, Leadpilot said:

I took a couple thou off the factory release then drilled and tapped for the S2 thumb pad.

40B40CFD-B479-4FA4-B9DC-0E9953B07D77.jpeg

Nice job. Looks great too. Did you have to temper it to prevent breaking the tap since those mag release are hardened? 

Edited by George16

1 hour ago, Leadpilot said:

It think it was a 3mm setup, might have been 4mm. The cool thing about going this route is you can adjust the pad to the angle that works best for your thumb. You will need to loctite it in when you figure out where you want it.

17FEBAC3-F386-4FE0-9DBD-936FC7228965.jpeg

Did a great job with the s2 pad did you get a screw with it if so what size? I know I know I'm asking alot lol

3 hours ago, Leadpilot said:

No tempering, just took it slow and used a lot of oil.

Thanks.

the screw that came with the S2 mag release is an M3 x 8mm.  I already bought one and just procrastinating on getting it done one of these days.

Just did it on my TSO. You can either remove the mag release or grind off about 2mm without removing the mag release from the gun.  Use a 2.5mm titanium drill bit and go slow. If you have a drill press, it makes it a lot easier. I have one and it was a breeze drilling it. Use vise grips to hold and keep the mag release from moving while drilling. Drill a 4mm deep hole and use a M3 tap to tap the threads. Use a lot of cutting oil and go very slow so you don’t break the tap. They are very brittle.once you’re done drilling and tapping the hole, use an air compressor to blow out all the metal shavings. Test fit the S2 pad and use an M3 x6mm screw.