Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thanks, Wolf Performance Ammunition!

Tokarev

Thanks Rick,

Yes, as noted in my last post I did check out CCI's website and the velocities listed there and that's when I realized that Sportsmansguide had their numbers off on the 180gr.

I understand that you will get varying velocities out of different guns/barrels etc., but sites like Sportsmansguide don't do their own tests -- they just copy the info from the ammo manufactures website -- the 155gr read 1175 fps on CCI's site and Sportsmansguide got that correct as well as the 165gr @ 1100 fps, but when Sportsmansguide they went to copy the 180gr they made a mistake.

I have to use a Chrony with my gun sometime just for fun to see how it shoots out of it.

Jp

P.S. When I join IDPA I understand I'll need a third magazine for my XD40 -- is there a limit to how many rounds? I currently have 10rnd clips and would like to get a 12rnd.

Thanks!

IDPA allows two mags on the belt besides the one in the gun for a total of 3. I then carry what is refered to as a "Barney mag" in my back pocket that is used at "load and make ready" to put one round in the chamber and then I load a 10 round mag. So four mag should get you by just fine. My G34 uses 17 round capacity mags that I only load to 10 rounds. I have 10 mags so that I don't have to reload between each and every stage.

Note: Quit talking about it and get out this weekend somewhere and pull the trigger. It is the best way to learn. Go have fun and keep your finger off of the bang switch when you are not pointed at a target and you will have a grand time.

Rick

I just finished reading the entire rule book - one question though. What is required in terms of concealment as far as what you wear for a shirt or jacket? Is the gun required to be concealed at all times and drawn from concealment?

Thanks!

P.S. My brother and I are both planning to shoot on Sat with our XD40's. ;)

Thanks Everyone!!!

Just shot my first match in Ripon on Saturday. It was a blast!!!

I shot my XD40 in ESP. I am planning on joining and shooting down in Greenville, SC during weekends at college. On the first stage I got a procedural penalty because instead of firing in tactical sequence I double-tapped the first target. Then on stage 5 I accidently went back to my old grip and my right thumb caught my slide release lever and locked the slide on my XD when I was shooting the stage. I recovered really quick and I don't think I lost more than a second or two. Other than that things went pretty well considering it was my first time. My brother shot his XD as well and scored better - that's what older brothers are for right? Well, I'm hooked now!

Jp

Heh, tell them they need to up the power factor of their .223 ammo. out of my 16" AR the 62gr ammo only makes 161.5 PF. Thats to close for comfort.

However its cool thatr they are interested in sponsoring shooters.

I called Bill at Wolf today to discuss a few things. I did mention that the issue of lighter loads and power factor had been brought up. Bill says that Wolf is already aware of this and they are moving to change this as I sit here and type. The first improved loads will be out within the next few months and will be available in 55-grain first and 62-grain shortly thereafter.

I also asked him about 6.8 Remington. Wolf has no plans for a 6.8 load at this time. Also, the 168 BTHP load for the .308 should be out in a few months.

• 2 months later...