Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 flat faced trigger SA the only option?

kmanick

I recently dropped in the apex forward set sear flat faced trigger set into my M&P 9L and really like the flat faced trigger.
I see a flat faced trigger on the Cajun site and the CZ custom site but they are SA only. Is that the only option available to me?

I find the flat faced trigger much more comfortable on my finger and fast double taps seem to be easier with it

a 75b SAO will feel just like a sp01 shadow. so it will feel smaller and lighter than your shadow two. and the grip shape is different.

because of the hinged trigger and da/sa requirement no straight trigger would work. it would be worse than stock by far the amount of arc it would travel through.

Edited by rowdyb

I have both. My 75 SA  is not a shadow, although it might as well be. Removed fpb parts, installed CGW parts including their flat trigger. You need that to get rid of excess pre travel that's not needed any more.  That unfortunately moved it into "fun gun" category. If I wanted straight  SA for sanctioned comps, the SA shadow is the way to go. 

I like the 75 much more. Its lighter, handles perfectly, is effortless to make hits.

My S2 is good, very little recoil. I'm faster with the SA though. It points and handles better overall for me.

So if I do grab a 75B SA (which is considerably cheaper than a Shadow 2??? how come?) what can I do to it to that's "needed" and will allow me to stay in Production class?

I shot 300 rounds yesterday combined through my S2, my buddies Target II and my M&P pc 9L (which has the Apex flat faced trigger set in it)

I have an optic on my m&P so that is out for production but I did come to the conclusion that my follow up shots are much quicker with the flat trigger.

I absolutely adore my S2 and out of the 3 I shot yesterday I am most accurate with it over the others by a considerable margin, but my double taps ?

............not so much, I wish the S2 and the Target II (which I quite like as well) were available as SAO.

is the Target II more similar to the 75B in shape /weight /feel etc than the Shadow 2?