Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sti Rangemaster Ii

rmills

STI's site says it has a "5" Classic Flat Top" slide. Looks like the TargetMaster is the 6in.

They don't give measurements, but they have some pictures that might allow for good eye-balling:

http://www.stiguns.com/guns/RangemasterII/RangeMasterII.html

The text says "built on our Master Series frame..."

I would guess it is the same frame as the RangeMaster (I), just with the dustcover cut to the standard length?

In speaking with STI today, I learned that the "Master Series" frame is actually wider than the Trojan frame but not quite as wide as the slide. The grip width remains the same as a standard 1911. The additional width is from the trigger guard out to the muzzle.

If only a fixed sight version was available......sigh.........

Just pulled the new one I have in stock out of the safe. The frame is not as wide as the frame. In fact if it is wider than a normal 1911 it isnt much. They also sell the rangemaster frame by itself. But you would have to cut it back to std length. I am thinking about using this frame to build a new 1911 in 45 for the single stack division. It has to be cut back to std length to be legal in it though. I might just shoot the Rangemaster II and be done with it.

In speaking with STI today, I learned that the "Master Series" frame is actually wider than the Trojan frame but not quite as wide as the slide. The grip width remains the same as a standard 1911. The additional width is from the trigger guard out to the muzzle.

If only a fixed sight version was available......sigh.........

I'm going to check my Blade-Tech 1911 holster to see if the square trigger guard will be a problem. Not too worried about the frame width for the holster as a good heat gun will remedy the problem.

Chuck:

Do you have a Rangemaster II, .40S&W in stock?