Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Dark House Technique

Just curious how others shot the dark house in open. I attempted to use the dot shooting strong hand only, but found it difficult with contrasting light from the flashlight. I should have held the light higher for more ambient light...

I flung some hopers on the last array and had to make them up. :(

SA

Lanyard around wrist, flashlight tied to the back of your weak-hand allowed a 2 handed grip on the gun. I found that with the way the light was tied, the rounds were hitting in the center of the light beam.

I just looked over the top of the gun and hosed down the targets. I shot it in 8.00, 4pts down. I had to fire an extra on the last target because of a called miss(got a little quick on the trigger, very close to the no-shoot) or it would have been in the 7's.

I had the dot on but didn't use it too much except on the targets with the no shoot bordering....and even then I only used it to make sure I was out of white.

I shot the stage strong hand only (my strong hand shooting is one of the strongest things in my arsenal)...

I had like 11 down (2 D's) in 5.2.

Steve,

Here is how I did it !!!!

light in left hand cinched tight to my wrist, in between pinky finger and the next.

at the buzzer turn on light while starting to stand, draw gun shoot A/C on right target, shoot 2A onleft target while moving out of the room, shoot 2A on the first target in next room (did I say I was hloding the gun like I normally do freestyle), reload (with the light as described it shines on the floor and I can see right through the cylinder, just like reloading in the light of day) shoot 2A on the target on the right, shoot A/C on the middle target and shoot 2A on the last target next to the noshoot.

Did it in 8.99 2nd revolver Jerry just nudged me :angry:

I know it is not an OPEN blaster but thought others might be slightly interested in how it is done with a wheelie..... ;)

Hop

Being left-handed was a good thing on this stage. It allowed the use of a two handed grip without the possibility of the light hitting the mag release button as happened to several on the squad. Turned the dot on but did not use it much. Ran it in 7.55 down 4 with three shots on the target through the port.

That was a very impressive run Jake. In reviewing the stage in my head, there is no way i could have cut another 2 seconds off my time. I guess it's back to the practice range. :P

Carlos

This is how I did it:

LAMR in doorway.

Red Light on Hands

Are you ready?

Standby

Red light moved, Beep.

Followed several hundred shooters through dark. Carefully.

Whew, only one bullet through back wall on someone who forgot to take the Da**** mag out.

Next shooter.

Jay :)

See you next year (evil grin)

Who knows what evil is in the minds of a typical IPSC shooter? The CRO knows!

I shot it in 8.65, 4 points down. I turned the light on rather than just pressing the button and held it high, next to the cup of my hearing protection. I did see a dot occasionally, but on the early targets that were very close and open, mostly just looked for holes. I lost some time in how I chose to engage the final targets after moving through the doorway. I did not take the far right target as I was moving ahead to the final shooting position, but rather waited to engage the left target around the wall and then cleaned things up left to right. I think that forced more moving time without shooting. It was a rush, though. I was the lead off competitor for that stage, which was the first stage of my first national championship match!

I saw the dot clearly for every shot. During the walk-through someone asked to see the house with the lights off, and immediately everyone turned the flashlights on, during this time I was playing with my C-More dot brightness to get it set just right, which was about halfway.

I was down 3 points in 6.49 sec.