Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not only done, but done in high-style! Lynn matched our very own SiG Lady for the most shockingly highest donation ever received. I even bought the The Great One AND my daughter, bigJoni, lunch. Now that's some serious stuff.

(Copied from post in the Like forum):

I had a request, along with a SWEET donation from Lynn Jones, for some new avatars. What's really funny is that I was just thinking, probably because tweeking Pat's new avatar, that I needed to do some surfin' and downloadin' of some new avatars, yesterday. And then I log onto the forum and who'd a thunk it...

So, if Pat or anyone would like to post or send me some cool avatar sites, I'll get on the job. Or not, and I'll get on the job anyway.

be

Man, after an hour of surfing and coming close to smashing the machine to bits because of the "pop-up-window-factor" that plagues most avatar sites, I finally found one that is pretty cool. I downloaded, one at a time, probably over a hundred so far, and I'll get some more tomorrow. But now it's beer-thirty.

;)

Erik,

Yea, I guess on sites of that annoying magnitude, I should turn it off.

I've messed with the Mozilla and the new Netscape browsers, which have pop-up blockers, but I'm just too used to the keystroke factor of IE to make the switch. And, I'm old school, still running 9.2...

:) be

I agree that the tabbed browsing feature in Netscape/Mozilla is great. I would use Netscape in OSX just for that feature if it weren't so damned slow (in X) compared to other browsers (Safari is lightning fast, pages snap into place).

I still dearly love Netscape 4.7 when I run in OS9, even if it doesn't support tabbed browsing, it renders pages very accurately, which I cannot say for later versions of Netscape in OS9.

BTW, Safari doesn't support tabs yet either, but it's bookmark handling alone is worth upgrading for.

BTW, BTW, the only software that still locks up at all in OSX is MS Word & Internet Explorer. I guess some things will never change ;~)

Regards,

Here are two shareware pop-up blockers for OS9 that really work.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/17216

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/15845

Here is a freeware content blocker that seems to work OK, at the expense of keeping a companion program running behind your browser.

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/mac/14397

Regards,

George,

Do those first two blockers work with IE in OS9. (Don't understand how they'd work at a system level.) I'm guesssing they'd have to or you wouldn't have posted it like that. Especially considering all the detailed, helpful advice you provided in emails regarging my address book import question!

Thanks!

be

• 10 months later...

Instead of starting a new thread I'll keep the topic focuesd.

How do you take an image and create an image of the required size of 20x20 pixels? Have Photoshop to work with. Then I'll figure out how to upload it...

Also, for those commentators using Netscape 7 with a Mac OS 9.2-- When I installed it, it would only work properly for the first window. The next window would be blank white "loading" forever. What gives?