Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting glasses over regular glasses?

NHSHOOTER

On 3/13/2018 at 11:24 AM, NHSHOOTER said:

Do any of you wear shooting glasses(full protection eyewear) over your regular eye glasses? If so, what brand works well for you? Do you wear clear, amber or does it depend on the day?

Have you considered getting prescription shooting glasses?  Seems like it would be a simpler solution.

For example:  https://www.sportrx.com/shopby/best_sports-shooting.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 9:12 AM, littlewing6283 said:

I used to try and gave up and just went with contacts. Watching this thread to see if there any better solutions as im not a fan of contacts 

Going down the same rabbit hole myself

Just when I thought the super thin ESS was the end of the quest for the ear and eye protection combo, I find out apparently I can't see

Going to try some RX oakley Turbines, if that doesnt work contacts under my ESS

• 1 year later...
On 3/16/2018 at 7:13 AM, jrdoran said:

They look pretty good;  Any discomfort from hearing protection as they seem a little thick on the sides that go over ears.

Not to necropost, but I've been using the Champion ones from that link(which work great over my prescription glasses), and my only complaint is that they do start to dig into my head and get uncomfortable about halfway/three-quarters of the way through the day with my Walker Razors(which, admittedly, don't have the most cushioned ear cups).

Other that, they're clear, haven't gotten too scuffed over the past year and a half of use, and feel fairly sturdy.

Currently I'm looking at getting a set of ESS Crossbows to replace them, which I'll try to use with contacts(which I've never worn before), and if that doesn't work, I'll buy a prescription insert set.