Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Must have tools to work on CZ75 variants

littlewing6283

I did a lot of dry fire with my SP01 in the first few months and broke the firing pin retaining pin.

I guess you are supposed to use a plastic o ring or rubber band to for dry fire because the hammer hits the firing pin which hits the firing pin ret. pin when there is no primer or snap cap present.

So I added a spare retaining pin to my parts kit and use an o ring now for dry fire

2 hours ago, DesertTortoise said:

I did a lot of dry fire with my SP01 in the first few months and broke the firing pin retaining pin.

I guess you are supposed to use a plastic o ring or rubber band to for dry fire because the hammer hits the firing pin which hits the firing pin ret. pin when there is no primer or snap cap present.

So I added a spare retaining pin to my parts kit and use an o ring now for dry fire

thanks for the info. Do you by chance remember the o ring size ? 

2 hours ago, Tunachaser said:

Or use the Cajun gun works pin, I have one and I dry fire both my 75B and SP-01 with ne problems.  BUT a spare is always a good idea

https://cajungunworks.com/product/61100-tempered-spring-steel-firing-pin-retaining-pin/

This is the one I have installed, this is safe to dry fire on ? 

thanks for the info. Do you by chance remember the o ring size ? 
I had a small pack of scuba diving o rings that I pulled from, so I'm not sure
I think you can wrap the hammer with a rubber band too

The Cajun pin is the one that broke, but it's designed to break before the firing pin breaks or so I understand

When I installed the Cajun kit on a new P07 the factory pin was already cracked