Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Potential move to Northern Wyoming

I am possibly moving to Sheridan, Wyoming for a potential job and wasn't able to find much on USPSA up there. I saw that there are some matches around

Cody, WY (3 hour drive)

Billings, MT (2 hour drive)

The only range in the immediate area that I was able to find on a map doesn't look like it is setup for action (pistol/rifle/shotgun) matches.

Is anyone here from the northern Wyoming or southern Montana area?

In Wyoming, you can shoot ANYWHERE ....    ;)

I used to live in Saskatoon  (few hundred miles north of Wyoming), and

used to shoot at aerial targets with my .22    :wub:

Forgive my intrusion, I couldn't resist .....    Someone from Wyoming will be along in a few minutes to steer

you to an answer to your question.    :) 

There is a club and some matches in Buffalo, there is also a club and matches once a month at Shoshoni, another club in Casper has uspsa matches as well as Jackson. There is an indoor match in Rawlins as well as a steel challenge and a falling steel match mid summer. I might add that Area 1 Regionals is just a bit north in Montana this spring

Edited by mchapman

On 2/16/2018 at 2:05 PM, Hi-Power Jack said:

In Wyoming, you can shoot ANYWHERE ....    ;)

LOL, true! I was looking at property and found one with some acreage. I looked at one picture and noticed a lead sled pointed out to the hills. Having some land in a free state would help tremendously with live fire practice.

19 hours ago, mchapman said:

There is a club and some matches in Buffalo, there is also a club and matches once a month at Shoshoni, another club in Casper has uspsa matches as well as Jackson. There is an indoor match in Rawlins as well as a steel challenge and a falling steel match mid summer. I might add that Area 1 Regionals is just a bit north in Montana this spring

Thank you for those. I was also able to find a club that just popped up in Gillette (about 1.5 hrs East). I'm liking their approach of holding a demo day and getting on FB.

Who knows . . . maybe with a little (tremendous?) effort I can help get things kicked off. If I end up in Sheridan, of course.