Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taking firearm to Chicago on a business trip

1 hour ago, JusticeOfToren said:

I did some more research.  The state law in theory should preempt any county or city ordinance.  However, the county/city ordinance are still on the books, and it will take a "test case" to prove the theory.  So far, no one has found any court case where someone is charged for carrying >15 round handgun magazines in Cook County. 

Source - http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57427

There's no theory involved.  Ordinances on the books prior to the CCW deadline are valid and enforceable.  If liberal judges on the federal district and circuit courts are going to uphold the AWB, it's a pretty safe bet they'll uphold the magazine capacity limits.  If you want to risk being the test case on the basis of your friend's advice, by all means go for it.  Most reasonable folks would prefer to avoid that situation.

Didn't mean to give you a hard time, but IL firearms law is probably among the most complicated in the country.  And finding a clear answer on some of this stuff is damn near impossible.  Illinois State Police manage the FOID, CCW, and NICS programs, and they provide a list of local ordinances on their web site.  But the list is incomplete and out of date.  Same is true for most other online sources.  BATFE used to publish a booklet with local ordinances by state, but I haven't seen one for a while.  And the last one I saw wasn't any better than the ISP web site.

Sounds good.  I ordered some 10 round mags from MidwayUSA for my Stock 2 just now [emoji4]  That should avoid all potential troubles.

DONT be like this guy lol
https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-met-shooting-hyatt-hotel-20180216-story,amp.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk