Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Should "real" Holsters Be Required For Multi-gun?

It's a USPSA/IPSC rule. So any USPSA/IPSC match (Area matches, the Nationals and any true-blue USPSA local club matches) you can't use one unless you are LE or military.

5.2.7 Competitors must not be permitted to commence a course of fire wearing:

5.2.7.1 A shoulder holster or “tie-down” rig (visible or otherwise), except as specified in Rule 5.2.8,

5.2.7.2 A holster with the heel of the butt of the handgun below the top of the belt, except as specified in Rule 5.2.8,...

5.2.8 Competitors deemed by the Match Director to be active law enforcement officers or military personnel may be entitled to use their duty holsters and related equipment however... (the LE/military exception)

It would be helpful as you can keep your holster on your first line and use a second line for the ammo carriers.

It's a USPSA/IPSC rule.

Workin' on it for USPSA 3-gun

Like Sinistralrifleman said "major" 3-gun matches!

Oh, Kurt.... and here I thought we were starting to get along better. ;)

Bruce

and SMM3G did, on further reflection...that had a holstered pistol "hot" whilst wacking away at various targets with a long gun.

Ah, the helicopter stage. I was a bit worried, my open gun hot in the Ghost with a 29 rounder hanging out just above my speed stick pouch. I was worried I'd go for a speeed stick and pop the gun out, that coupled with climbing into the helo with the shotgun then going to the pistol. As it turned out it was no problem and when the buzzer went I didn't even think about it.

I had worked up a SV in 9mm with and Optima for the match I could carry in the Bladetech but I couldn't get the Optima to zero.

I personally feel better with a "real" holster when running and gunning with a holstered hot pistol, but when the lock is on my gun won't come out of the Ghost holster. I don't think its a good idea reholstering hot and then shooting a long gun.

Having shot the SWAT match with the required "tactical" gear and seeing some of the shooters reholstering a hot gun, pulling a slung rifle off your their back and going prone, or crawling with a hot gun under cargo netting with a hot shotgun in their arms and seeing many guns get caught in the netting does make me nervous.

Bruce and Larry:

we ARE getting along better! your new rules "RULE".....but there hasn't been a match under them yet, so..... untill...ah...whenever the 3-gun Nationals are, I can still get by with an flipant remark :lol: can't I?? Please? I promise to be good! :rolleyes: KURT

OK so where is the real KURTM ??? :lol::lol:

What did you do with Him ????? ;););)

You make it to my match in Mississippi and you will get to try out the new rules, I promise you will like them (and the match) :wub:

See you there, gonna be GOOD and HOT!!!!

SAM

Kurt,

You aready shot under the new rules (pre-formal-acceptance) and didn't even notice. Texas State 3-Gun... :ph34r:

Although I'm sure you burned the match out of your memory due to the four-Star three-swinger five-popper shotgun stage... :P

Alex