Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Pro - 110V and 220V?

Hello!

I just purchased a couple of Mark 7 Pros for the Dillon 1050. These are set up for 110V, and I was wondering how to proceed to convert them to 220V. According to the Mark 7 website they will run at both voltages, but I figured it's better to be safe than sorry and ask for advice before I connect them to 220VAC.

Thanks.

I bought them used, and unfortunately there are very few used 220V drives around. According to their website they run at both voltages, so I didn't think much of it. I'm waiting for a response from Mark 7.

There’s a tutorial for machines which don’t run at speeds over 1.800rph due to low voltage output from the electricity network. It is on Mark VII’s website, find it and it will show you how to open the electronics console and where the switch is. VERY easy! One of the extremes is 110v, the other one is for 220v and the one in the middle is for mediocre electricity output from developing countries like the one I live in.

NicoR, thanks for the information. Unfortunately I can't find any info on Mark 7's website on how to do this, and can't seem to find the switch when taking the cover off of one of my units. Looks like an account is needed to access anything on their site? I've been trying to request one through facebook, email and the Mark 7 website, but no luck yet. Mark 7's customer service sure leaves something to be desired.

I believe I found the switch, and it looks like I can choose from 103,5v, 115V and 126,5V. Is it the same on yours? 

Hmm I don’t think so... mine is a 220v native machine! Contact Jay Hirshberg on FB before doing anything with that switch, your machine may be different than mine!

• 3 weeks later...