Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How Many Times Do You Reload The 9mm In Major

Jasonub

I dont reload them as they are very cheep here $5 per K cleaned.

However there should be no problem reloading them as the pressure is not as bad as some think due to slow burning powders, and supported chambers.

I reload practice brass 4 or 5 times, no problems other than occasional loose primer pocket [which immediately goes in the trash] so I don't load more than 5.

KKM 9Major barrel - brass holds up about as well as 40cal brass thru a Glock barrel.

Match brass I leave on the ground since the local ipsc ranges are now covered in 9mm & 40. Can't tell mine from other people's unless I look carefully at every headstamp. I'll help a 45cal or 38super guy if I see him looking for his brass.

Hi guys,

has anyone tried to reload more than once to major their 9mm brass?

I like to ask since the price of 9mm shells in other countries is not as cheap as in the usa.

Thanks,

Jason

As a checkpoint for Major 9, I've been loading 9x21 for a long while, and my gun still likes power factors around 180. Not wimpy loads, but loaded to 1.200" with 115gr JHP .

I've found that I can use 9x21 brass 10-11 times. The sign that the brass is toast is that the primer pockets get loose (you can feel it when seating the primers).

I keep careful track of my brass, and replace it all (2000 at a time) when I reach 10-11 firings. I value reliability above all else, and it makes no sense (false economy) to take a chance on a primer backing out and resulting in a "stoppage".

Hi guys,

has anyone tried to reload more than once to major their 9mm brass?

I like to ask since the price of 9mm shells in other countries is not as cheap as in the usa.

Thanks,

Jason

I have a question myself. I have been reloading since the early 70's. Why would you want to load a 9mm for major? a .40 I would think would be better, or switch the barrel to a 9x21 or 23. All the above would be safer.

I pick up the brass I shoot at my house and reload it several times or until it shows cracks or is too beat up.

I get once fired brass from the PD I used to work at for free so I don't pick it up at club matches anymore. Besides, I get tired of having to sort through the 40 cal stuff I always seem to get. (I don't shoot 40)

Major matches, I use some cleaned and deprimed once fired stuff I actually paid for.