Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pre CZ Dan Wesson PM7-40

Bigzeke

I have found myself in possession of a PM7 in 40. I have scoured the interwebs and found very little data out there for this particular model. I am just looking for any experiences, knowledge, tips, tricks, black magic formulas, etc.. that people may have. I currently run a Trojan 40 in SS and have many other 1911/2011s, so I know the platform. Anything at all might be useful.

I've owned one in the past and two SSC's.  What would you like to know?  Reloading wise they were all very picky, they all had very short throats so loading long for the heavies was out for me at that time.  Otherwise they are built like vaults, very tight and very accurate.  I found I liked .40 minor a lot for IDPA and steel (plus I have a nearly unlimited access to 1x fired brass at work).  Just change out the recoil spring and do some experimenting.  I like the slide moving and settling fast so I use Rainier 135's with a 10lb recoil spring.  Very low recoil (130ish PF) and run like a scalded cat.  Double taps inside of 12-15 yards are ridiculously easy (almost always within a cpl inches of each other if I do my part) and I can see the holes much easier than 9mm.  

I don’t load long for any of my other 1911/2011s, so I figured to start with my standard 180 gr Titegroup load. 1.12 OAL. Haven’t made it out to even shoot it yet. 

Main thoughts are #1, this is my first 40 1911 without a ramped barrel. #2 is mags. I use Wilson Combat in my Trojan and they work great, was wanting to try the Tripp mags, both the standard 9 rounders and the System 10 rounders. #3 is the front sight. It has a white dot sight, want to change to FO, not sure of what the front cut is.

Pics will be forthcoming when I get some time ?

I believe mine is #87.. runs perfect with Wilson 47d's or Tripp 9rd 10mm mags. Running long 1.185 col ammo. Had it high cut and checkered.  Sports some Larry Davidson horned lizard grips, Dawson front sight .. 12.5# recoil with a 17# main spring...No voodoo, just shoot it.. would not hesitate to buy another.