Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poor Man's Tactical Sport ORANGE

kwelhand

1 hour ago, Darqusoull13 said:

I went regular for USPSA Limited (40) and I'd do regular again for 3 gun (9mm). The TSO thumb rest is too short for me to use and I don't like thumb rests so all of that is a waste for me. I'd replace the aluminum grips as they are too slippery and too thin for my taste. The sights on the TSO are solid and the checkering and deeper undercut are both excellent, particularly for smaller hand shooters. I would would absolutely suggest a TSO for someone with small hands. However, for the increased price, there's a bunch of stuff that does nothing for me and my bear paws. I picked up a hardly used TS in 40 with 5 extended mags for less than the cost of a new TS. 

I concur...

Trigger is the same and I don't see any major advantage unless you've small hands like me :angry:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Both great guns. The more I shoot the more I like wider grips, although my hands are not giant. They are skinny and I find the wider gun gives better grip.

I use the TSO for 3 gun. I put on the fat/wide flat LOK bogies and it's great. A fantastic pistol that has never let me down. Shot tons of rounds through it and it's still tight. Love it.

But I like the TS, too. It's a real bargain. I'd love to have one as well. If I had very large hands I'd likely choose that one for 9mm.

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2017 at 6:32 PM, kwelhand said:

I'm getting real good at cutting those expensive CZ aluminium grips lately.

Here's my latest attempt to cut & hand fit CZ grips on TS while keeping factory plastic magwell.

I've no complain with factory TS magwell, and it actually works pretty well for me.

The factory CZ grips are too long, and it must trim down in order to fit w/ TS magwell.

Of course, you could always remove the magwell or go with Czechmate magwell & grip or CZC.

I love my TS & TS Orange... true masterpiece.

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01207.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

Where can I buy the factory TSO grips for my TS?  I cannot find anywhere.