Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Poor Man's Tactical Sport ORANGE

kwelhand

I'm getting real good at cutting those expensive CZ aluminium grips lately.

Here's my latest attempt to cut & hand fit CZ grips on TS while keeping factory plastic magwell.

I've no complain with factory TS magwell, and it actually works pretty well for me.

The factory CZ grips are too long, and it must trim down in order to fit w/ TS magwell.

Of course, you could always remove the magwell or go with Czechmate magwell & grip or CZC.

I love my TS & TS Orange... true masterpiece.

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01205.jpg

DSC01206.jpg

DSC01207.jpg

DSC01216.jpg

i am sorry for u.;)

nice cut.

good choice .

did u like  the tso thumb rest? because i am not.  it's too small and has sharp corners. so it was the first part that i removed. second was safety.

for custom gun tso  is very  far from american's  custom guns . but its very good base to start from.  i like it's checkering and grip reduction.

8 hours ago, yigal said:

i am sorry for u.;)

nice cut.

good choice .

did u like  the tso thumb rest? because i am not.  it's too small and has sharp corners. so it was the first part that i removed. second was safety.

for custom gun tso  is very  far from american's  custom guns . but its very good base to start from.  i like it's checkering and grip reduction.

I actually liked the factory thumb rest. 

It positioned perfectly for me. 

I don’t like the huge thumb rest so factory one works ok for me. 

5 minutes ago, kwelhand said:

I actually liked the factory thumb rest. 

It positioned perfectly for me. 

I don’t like the huge thumb rest so factory one works ok for me. 

every people different, so what  fit  for u will not fit somebody else.

best regards. 

I would like to find a replacement thumb rest that puts the rest farther forward on the gun.  My long thumb sort of "over-reaches" the TSO factory rest.  I usually end up with my first thumb knuckle on top of the rest.

BTW I have one of each as well, both in 9mm.  I sometimes ask myself why I keep both, but when I look at selling my TS I grip it and quickly remember that there is nothing that fits my hand better or is a more well-made pistol, so it goes back in the safe.

How much of a difference have you all found between the regular TS and the TSO? How much effort does it take to make a TS into a poor man's TSO with exception of cutting the grips? :)

I've been thinking about selling my 2011 to pick up a TS... could use the cash for other hobby related stuff!

8 minutes ago, adamge said:

I would like to find a replacement thumb rest that puts the rest farther forward on the gun.  My long thumb sort of "over-reaches" the TSO factory rest.  I usually end up with my first thumb knuckle on top of the rest.

if u have access to mill sky is the limit.

sorry i can send pic. only by  email

2 hours ago, adamge said:

I have an IPSC Alex thumb rest I think I may sell. It's size is perfect but just a little too far forward. The factory part fits my hand better. It has the short TSO screws and I relieved the inside for the TSO frame. I need to shoot them back to back to make sure though.

13 hours ago, yigal said:

i am sorry for u.;)

nice cut.

good choice .

The TSO isn't a custom gun.

36 minutes ago, 858 said:

The TSO isn't a custom gun.

of coarse it's not . but they think different .

they fit safety and sear with file by hand.:lol: i hope they will learn how do this properly .

CZ 75 TS Orange features a number of special modifications, which are usually required for competitive handguns:

• tuned single-action (SA) trigger
  • hand-fitted polished barrel
  • slide hand-fitted to frame
  • slightly modified shape of frame, following the Czechmate design
  • new checkering of the frame significantly increasing security of grip as well as shooting comfort
  • flat orange aluminium grips and thumb rest
  • AL magazine funnel for faster and smoother reloading
  • adjustable rear sight and front sight with 1mm red optical fibre
  • set of buffers for recoil included in package
  • available not only in 9x19 and 9x21 but also .40 S&W
Edited by yigal

Not trying to threadjack here but seems relevant. If someone was looking at buying a tac sport for 3 gun, would you go regular ts and buy sights and grips and magwell? Or is it better just go ts orange? Season is over in Minnesota so it gives me a little time to find one. 

I went regular for USPSA Limited (40) and I'd do regular again for 3 gun (9mm). The TSO thumb rest is too short for me to use and I don't like thumb rests so all of that is a waste for me. I'd replace the aluminum grips as they are too slippery and too thin for my taste. The sights on the TSO are solid and the checkering and deeper undercut are both excellent, particularly for smaller hand shooters. I would would absolutely suggest a TSO for someone with small hands. However, for the increased price, there's a bunch of stuff that does nothing for me and my bear paws. I picked up a hardly used TS in 40 with 5 extended mags for less than the cost of a new TS.