Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does Anybody Know This Holster?

sps

i think it's from Galco but i couldn't find it in their site.

I will also take the opportunity to ask you to recommend on a holster for a S&W 29 4" with a full lug barrel (i think it's called "classic model").

thanks

post-4149-1120505832_thumb.jpg

hi all, thanks for your help.

I think i solved the mystery. i found the holster in an old Guns & Ammo magazine (September 1991) and it's called the "Derry Gallagher Speed Scabbard" and it's in horsehide.

I tried to find it in Derry's web sit (www.dgallagherholsters.com) but it doesn't seem to work.

Does anybody know where i can find it? Is it the same Gallagher guy from Galco?

It sure looks ike this dillon holster I tried to attach a picture of, and Kramer makes

it. the picture on the Dilon web site is of a 5 inch full lugged version, Dillon also

carries the 4 inch light weight barrel (mountain gun ?) type that wouldl look just

like the pic you attached.

It sure looks ike this dillon holster I tried to attach a picture of, and Kramer makes

it. the picture on the Dilon web site is of a 5 inch full lugged version, Dillon also

carries the 4 inch light weight barrel (mountain gun ?) type that wouldl look just

like the pic you attached.

Okay, I guess I did attach the pic correctly.

The 5 inch full lug holster from Dillon/Kramer can be used for your 4inch full

lugged Mod. 29.

(just like those shorter "flat guns" fit in those 5 inch holsters)

Thanks for your help. It does look very similar to the holster i referred to, but in the photo i attached you can see that the trigger guard is outside the holster for a super fast draw. However, if i wont find the original I'll go for the Dillon/Kramer one, which also looks a good quality choice.

Thanks for your help. It does look very similar to the holster i referred to, but in the photo i attached you can see that the trigger guard is outside the holster for a super fast draw. However, if i wont find the original I'll go for the Dillon/Kramer one, which also looks a good quality choice.

IIRC, uncovered trigger guards are verboten in both USPSA and IDPA, including for BRTs. Of course, if it's for field use, that's a non-issue.

Ah yes, missed the uncovered triggerguard.

As Revchuck states, uncovered trigger guard holsters are a no-no in every

compitition rule book I've read (which isn't all of them)

As a field holster I'd want less exposed than more, just another area to get some

thing hung up in.

But thats just my opinion.