Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wayne County Raccoon Hunters October 22ND Handgun Match

Getting the email out a little earlier this month. The club will be hosting our monthly club match this upcoming 4th Sunday of October on the 22nd. We still have to get 1 more classifier in for the year so we will be hosting 10 stages again (9 field courses plus the classifier). Round count should be in the 225-235 range. The Planning commission will meet for dinner and stages next week to finalize plans. Invitation via google group like always to practicscore for pre registration. One trend we have noticed is that a lot of folks rush to sign up, then drop during the week causing Geoff to spend a lot of time resquading the folks from the wait list. Please sign up if you are going to attend.

There will be one big difference this match. Cost of the match will be an extra $15 per person. That means non club members cost is $40 and club members cost is $35 (regular discounts for set up/RO's will apply to this). The reason for this price increase is that we are having a special stage prop. That prop is a custom made AR15 with Red Dot scope along with supplied ammo for all competitors to shoot. The rifle is being built as we speak by Pat Morris of Mo's A1 Service and will be given away to one competitor at the end of the match after everything is put away by random # draw. They will receive ammo and a slot to the following weeks inaugural 2 Gun match at our club.(plus, the rifle will now be broken in for them....) This is just a way to give back to our shooting community and the competitors that make an effort to attend our matches. We have been giving away brand new American Shooters Edge range bags each month to a random shooter as well just to show our appreciation to our attendee's. We do this to show that our club is different that many other clubs. We value our competitors and don't want them to think that we see them as $$$ signs for the club. Many of our members travel to other clubs to compete and don't always appreciate the way other clubs treat their shooters, so we are trying to go the extra mile to give back by treating our competitors like we would want to be treated. The person that wins the rifle will be able to go home with it as Pat will be on hand to complete your paperwork/NICS check as well.

It's just something a bit different and it stirs up talk and interest in the following week's 2 gun match. If this works out, then perhaps we can look at doing things like this again next year on a regular basis. We look forward to seeing you out on the range!!

Picture of the rifle......................thought some might want to see it before the match........................This will be given away at the end of the match along with ammo and a slot to the following week's 2 gun match.

We have always done a theme type of match in October (Michigan 300, Michigan 400, the Zombie Match, the Plastic Fantastic match and the Motown Music match to name a few..), so this one is the Try Something Totally New By Thinking Out Of The Box Match.  Yeah....that's it.  I will say that since we let the picture out yesterday to some club members, I have received a lot of email responses from them saying how good this rifle would look mounted on their walls at home if they were to win it. I would have to agree with them.

The Stage Planning Commission will meet on Monday to finish up designs and plans for this match but it should be fun with 10 stages to dish out. Round Count should be in the 225-240 range as usual. If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact me or Mr. Robot (Geoff).

See you out on the range............................Roy

IMG_20171010_150401540_1507663873831_1507663930680_1507680873164 (002).jpg

I am betting you would.......the problem is that 7 different people so far have told me that they think they would look good or the rifle would be enough to improve their looks if they won it/took it home. Bet this will be interesting.................

Online Registration and squadding is open at 8am 10-16-2017 for the October 22nd WCRHC USPSA Match.

Reminder: the match fees for this match are $15 more than usual because we are giving away a rifle, optic, ammo, and a slot to the 2 gun match

for October 29th. So entry fee for a non club member is $40, $35 for a club member, and normal discounts apply.

Please Register at the provided link then squad. When you squad, select the squad, then say yes to the pop up window, THEN click the "select Squad"

button at the bottom of the page (Many people are forgetting to hit this last button). The match is 9 field courses with a classifier. Payment/

Registration verification window will open by 8:30am and close promptly at 9:30am. Shooters meeting at ~9:45am and We should be shooting at

10:00am. Any issues please contact me at wcrhc.ipsc66.stats@gmail.com. Remember if the match is full PLEASE use the waitlist.

https://practiscore.com/wcrhc-october-22nd-match/register

Thanks,

Geoff (Stats)

Thanks to all who came out and shot with us today! It was a long match but great weather!

Congratulations to Dennis for the rifle win and Craig for winning the range bag.

I was wrong with my prediction that one of our Canadian friends would win the rifle.... Maybe next time!

Bay4/5 ran better than I figured and bay 12 was a little longer to get through than I would have liked but we have more data for next year to hopefully help equalize the stages.

We can hope for good weather for November and if so we will try to get in one more match. We will announce it here and via the Google Group.

If not we look forward to seeing you next season.

Geoff (Stats)

What Geoff said above and more.............Thank you to all for coming out and supporting our club. Cross your fingers for good weather in November so we can have another chili match....it was great last year with so many people bringing out a pot to share their family recipes with us. Stay tuned to the google group to see if we can do this again this year.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 4:58 PM, ROY NEAL said:

What Geoff said above and more.............Thank you to all for coming out and supporting our club. Cross your fingers for good weather in November so we can have another chili match....it was great last year with so many people bringing out a pot to share their family recipes with us. Stay tuned to the google group to see if we can do this again this year.

Looking forward to a Nov match at this club.