Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon 650 Casefeeder Issue

I received my new Dillon 650 Monday set it up and loaded 500 rounds between Monday and tonight (Tuesday).  I had a few small issues, but worked them out and the Dillon was working get.  I loaded 200 rounds this afternoon and went out tonight to load a few more, but when I turned on the casefeeder to drop the cases the feeder would not turn on.  For some reason I am not getting any power to the feeder.  I checked to see if there were any loose wires, but could not see any.  I am going to try again in the morning and if I still have the problem I will give Dillon a call.  Has anyone else had this problem?

You need to make sure that the shut off switch isn't stuck on the drop tube.  Sometimes the drop tube is too high up and it catches the cutoff switch.  You can just give the tube a tug downward to clear this malfunction. 

Checking to make sure you don't have too much brass in the hopper is also a good idea.  You can check that by removing cases from the casefeeder to see if it starts moving.

The shut off switch was the problem.  Thank you,  The micro switch at the drop tube tunnel got locked back into the tube.  I had a 9mm case that had a 22 shell in it that got jammed at the top of the drop tube tunnel.  I must have pushed the switch back when clearing out the jam.

You can carefully bend the end of the switch lever out slightly with two thin screwdrivers to give it a little more solid action and prevent it getting stuck if it happens again or if you start getting overruns because it's not closing.  Just a little bit is all you need.