Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why So Few Sig P220's?

rschoon

Give the man a Ceegar, he is right, that is Mass and I believe he is a 4 gun Master in IDPA, and that would make him.....What in USPSA Merlin.....middle C class? :D:lol:;)

Disclaimer: I have no knowledge of this man nor do I agree with any statement he might make which could be considered to slight or appear inflammatory to our IDPA brethren. Any use of my name in this context will be carefully examined by my battery of legal counsel and all legal remedies considered if said name is used in any statement considered to be a slight to or at, or appear inflammatory to any of my IDPA brethren. Certain other restrictions may be applicable in TX, LA, OK and AR or any other place someone may know me by sight. ;)

(Fun looking through my old shooting photos!)

Unlike most gunwriters and instructors, Mas is a very competent shooter, and he's not afraid of puttin' his money where his mouth is! Here's a picture of him at Second Chance around 15 years ago. Note the cocked-and-locked .45 on his belt. We had a different idea of what constituted a "safe area" in that time and place....

massad.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I carry a P220ST on duty and found the same problem of the top round moving forward. I couldn't get it resolved when I was at the Sig Academy. however, I found out from the SIG forum that Sig came out with a modified 8 round stainless steel mag that has a vertical indent. I contacted Sig and in the name of officer safety, they replaced all of my mags with the new style ones. No problems since then.

Mike, the uninitiated don't know that Mas was taking advantage of the "New York Reload" at Second Chance. For those not there, the NYR was only allowed in the Main Event, and only for those shooting revolvers. If you ran dry you could simply drop the empty gun, draw another, and continue shooting. The backup gun did not have to be another revolver. Every second full week of June I still get a little misty-eyed.