Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP-01 Shadow Base pads

andyivan

I've been taking my CZ Custom Shop, Shadow Target II to the range and it seems the base pads are sometimes coming off when the magazines hit the gravel.  I've been lucky enough to find all my springs and parts but I would like to see if there is a solution to this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Will after market base pads fix this? If so, what is everyone running? 

Thanks. 

If factory 18rd mags, swap the mag springs out for +10% springs, or get different base pads.

I sold my factory 18rd mags and went with MecGar AFC mags with Springer Precision pads.

f5b64a6431f602d11a13df256e4bbf67.jpg

Forgot to add that I had my 18rd factory mags disassemble themselves when I was dry firing. I then looked to see if it was an issue and found this video.

https://youtu.be/z_FCRWxWl8c

A friend had a mag disassemble itself during a match.

Andyivan - he same thing was happening to me when shot indoors.   I put the shockbottle base pads on mine and all is well.  I suspect the springers would work fine too.

On 10/2/2017 at 5:11 PM, Quack said:

Forgot to add that I had my 18rd factory mags disassemble themselves when I was dry firing. I then looked to see if it was an issue and found this video.

https://youtu.be/z_FCRWxWl8c

A friend had a mag disassemble itself during a match.

Ha!  I had a buddy that was known to have a "tactical mag disassembly" or two during matches with his CZ mags.  It's not an issue with the 10rnd crippled mags, those pads lock in nicely but most people are lucky enough not to know that.