Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2002 North Carolina Tactical 3 gun

Jon... I'm not familiar with the range or area, but will probably talk to Mike Harris at the match tomorrow.  He was stationed up at Bragg with SF, and knows most of the old timers, and will try to find out what to expect. ... Damn... I hope they dont bring the rope!!!!!

KHAAAAANNNNN!!!!!  (in my best william shatner voice)

I really wanted to shoot in that match this year but i'll be backpacking that weekend!

I met Kyle this past year and have to say that that boy can shoot!  I've only heard good things about that match......

• 2 weeks later...

If you have shot this match before , you should know about what to expect. Bring knee pads , elbow pads and asprin. Crawling ,running , weird shooting postionsand lots-o-blasting. It's ment to test your shooting while your out of breath and in unconventional postions

NC Tactical 3 Gun Match will definately remind you of the SOF matches of yesteryear.  We have a great staff of RO's that are actually shooters, we apply common sense to the rules and regulations for the match, and we give you interesting stages that are promised to be challenging........... and for those of you with rope Phobias, don't worry the lawyer says I am not allowed to use any rope for 1 year...........  Hope to see you at the match, only 25 guns on the prize table this year......Kyle

Kyle... several more Fla guys are going up this year.  We are still talking about the fun house, and about brain switch between Brad Pitt and Antonio Bandaras about half way thru.  Sorry I'll miss it this year.  One of the guys already lost 50pounds in preparation. Harris is thru with the enhanced carbine project so will have new toys, and Cramblit has more lights on his rifle than the average Baja buggy.   We've got an old Air America pilot talking about landing a Pilatius Porter in the area... not too sure the old guys can handle the excitement and anticipation.  good luck on the match .. Les

Singlestack..John... not a definite length requirement only a suggestion.  Last year we shot a car stage... shotgun/pistol...(Ford Tempo with bucket seats and 5 speed shift handle) with shotgun on passenger side. You had to engage shots on both sides of the car ... first with shotgun, then transition to both sides with pistol. I shot my 26inch 1100 and was a pain reeling it in and out for both sides of the car. One other postition required a low port be shot while remaining in a 4x4 shooting box on elevated targets.  I am now the proud owner of a 21inch choked barrel.  Les

Singlestack  Look forward to seeing you at the match, 28" barrel is legal and you will need to get your entry in asap, we normally do fill up. We try to let people shoot what they have,  within reason. Trust me, common sense will prevail when it comes to weapon rules. I do recommend an extension tube though. See you in May, ADIOS KyleL

Kyle, myself and several friends (from Birmingham, AL)are planning to shoot the match.  We're looking forward to it, I heard it was awesome last year! I do have a question though, would you say the pistol stages are going to be single stack friendly? I'm trying to decide whether to spring for Blade-Tech gear for my STI limited gun or shoot my Kimber singlestack. Thanks!

FatKid, the Ruski Shotgun will be fine, no rules against it.

Dbltapp We try to make the stages single stack friendly, but high cap is always an advantage. Bladetech holster doesn't cost too much. The choice is yours.

See you all in May

• 1 month later...

Ladies and Lads, Still a few slots to fill for the NC Tactical 3 Gun. If you have any interest please go to our web site and check it out. Also check out our growing list of sponsors. So far we have 25 pistols on the prize table. Yes 25..... See you in May..

• 3 weeks later...

KyleL... I'm taking the last day of school off to come up.  We dont have many 350y ranges down here in Fla to get distance practice on with the dot, and I really want to shoot the HoloSight rather than the ACOG...are you planning on using the same type of metal targets you used last year, or the battery powered gizmos (La Vere?) from Bragg?  regards Les

• 5 weeks later...