Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli M1

titandriver

Can one of you three gun shooters tell me what a very slightly used M1 is selling for? Saw one yesterday with 22" barrel, extended mag tube, bead front sight. Barrel band that clamps barrel/mag tube was missing. Overall gun appeared to be used very little.

Thanks!  Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Preban HK versions are typically $900-$1200, and the newer post ban guns can be had for $800-$1000 depending on condition.

New retail I think they are around $1200.

Ballpark used anything under $1000 is probably reasonable if the gun is 95+%.

i purchased a brand new M1 Field, 21in, vent rib, fiber front sight, 5 chokes for $850, the mag extension and collar set me back another $100.  this was less than 6 months ago.

two shops in phoenix/snottsdale were selling the combat benelli for $800-825.

new ones on auction arms are not going as cheap.

hope this helps

Thanks for the info guys!

I forgot to mention that this gun has the pistol grip stock also. I know nothing about Benelli's but this particular gun was marked at $700, not certain exactly what he'd take for it. This is a 90% trap & skeet oriented gun shop so I'm not sure if he wants to get rid of it in a hurry or just isn't aware of it's worth to three gunners. I'm gonna offer him $600 for it this afternoon, I'll let you know if he bites!

Thanks again,

Oops, it has a vent rib also, not sure about choke tubes.

(Edited by titandriver at 11:35 am on Oct. 10, 2002)

The 21" vent rib barrel is like the M1 Field I bought new a few months ago for $850. The pistol grip stock may be an add on as the Field only comes with a regualr stock. Or it might be a Tactical with a Field barrel. Either way, $700 is an excellent price, $600 is a steal.

Okay guys, it cost me $675 out the door and here's what I got : receiver is marked Heckler & Koch Inc. Sterling Va., barrel is 21 inches long, mag tube is 18 inches long. It has a vent rib with red fiber optic bead and a pistol grip buttstock.  Included was a "bag of stuff" containing a plastic rear sight that mounts on the rib, five chokes & choke wrench, sling, original mag cap & spring & plug, barrel/mag tube band, and the original buttstock. It appears to have been shot very little.

How can I tell how old this shotgun is, whether it's pre or post ban? Serial # is M133147. Will this one carry a round on the carrier with a full mag?

I would be willing to sell this for a very small profit if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for all the info! Oh yeah; I'll send it your way Stu when I get tired of it!!

http://www.hkpro.com/

This is the forum for HK stuff.  Post a question there, those folks are pretty hardcore HK.  Someone there will know how to read the date code.

I am not sure, but if it post ban with a pistol grip, the mag extension maybe a bit of a problem.  Someone here probably knows the law much better than me.  Preban, and you got yourself a major deal!.  All in all the price was pretty low considering everything you got in the deal.  

PS, the shape of bolt determines if it can carry the extra round in the receiver.  The guys on HKPro will help you determine this.  

Sounds like you got yourself one mighty fine shotgun.  

Thanks for the info 404 --- I'll check that site out. I shot it yesterday and the mag tube holds seven plus one on the carrier and one in the chamber. I'm guessin' that the mag tube would have to hold more than ten rounds before encountering any legal problems. But that's only a guess!

Thanks again!

Just checked out the HK site --- could be a bad guess!

(Edited by titandriver at 9:22 pm on Oct. 11, 2002)

Sounds to me like you got yourself a very good deal on a pre-ban shotgun. I would contact HK and verify the serial number being a pre-ban though. The pistol grip stock and extended magazine tube will be a violation of the "ASSault weapons ban". You can have one but not both on a post-ban gun.. if it is a pre-ban.. your good to go, but I would cover myself just to make sure.

The capacity of the magazine is a non issue as long as it doesn`t have the PG stock if it is a post-ban, again.. pre-ban.. your good to go.

hope that clears things up a bit for you.

CS#158