Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Guy Looking Into a Trigger

mgarro385

If you currently or plan to shoot a 1911 pistol the AR gold is the way to go. The AR gold is feels identical to a high end 1911 trigger.  Mine are all set to 2lbs to match my Infinity pistols.

pm me for a 10% discount code at optics planet. They carry pretty much every trigger mentioned in this thread.

On 9/27/2017 at 10:56 PM, Bigzeke said:

Most of the guys around here run a 24C. I plan on a 24C for my AR10 build for heavy metal. I currently have a Geissle SD3G. Both are great, just not cheap.

I find the SD3G utterly mushy. I sold it and got a 24C instead, never regretted that decision.

Just wanted to throw out there...  I’d be careful with triggers that have set screws, etc. to adjust overtravel and some of the geometry.  The hard part is if you are just ordering on-line you don’t get to peek in the guts.  My shooting buddy had a Timney, not sure the model but it was an older one, and it was not sold as the end user being able to adjust it (it was factory set and Loctite’d), but the adjustment changed and mid-match his rifle went to him having to rack the bolt every time (following), to completely non-functional.  I don’t know about how all the manufacturers set their triggers, but I’ll only run triggers where they are built to a spec and that is the only way they can be.  Adjustable trigger pull is OK with me, depending on how they do it: Elftmann, for example, has an adjustable trigger pull, but their method is not changing any of the geometry or the hammer inertia, so I’m fine with it.

One way we in the PNW are spoiled is Rainier Arms’ storefront has a whole slew of mocked-up lowers with the different triggers installed.  You can get a feel for them and peek inside and see what makes them tick.  If they don’t have the unit out there, they’ll usually grab one from the back and let you look at it.

Finally, I went to the flat triggers this season and will never look back, but YMMV.