Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Legal slide milled for Deltapoint Pro??

tha1000

Any one making an off the shelf CO legal slide that is milled for the DP?  Suarez has one, but I'm wondering if the angles that run along the top of the slide meet the "same profile" and "no lightening" requirements of the rule set.  I have emailed troy, but no response...

https://suarezinternational.com/suarez-v4-si-317-deltapoint-slide-for-gen-3-glock-17-black/

If not, who is the "go to" for quality affordable slide milling?

Forgive me if this has been discussed, I searched and couldn't find an answer.

You can mill a slide for Carry Optics. You just can't mill holes in the slide. I guess that is considered lightening. As for who to send it to. There are so many. Locally we have Brimstone Gunsmithing in Camas Washington that did a glock 17 for me. They do awesome work. But I'm sure there is someone more local to you depending where you live. Always cheaper to drop off and pick up in person.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, PrimaryBruce said:

Send it to us. We'll get you taken care of. :)

http://primarymachine.com/glock-optic-milling/

Will certainly keep you in mind if I go that route.  Is more cost effective to buy a premilled slide.. so more curious about the legality of the Suarez slide above.  Used glock slides seem to sell for what I can get the Suarez for.

1 hour ago, tha1000 said:

Will certainly keep you in mind if I go that route.  Is more cost effective to buy a premilled slide.. so more curious about the legality of the Suarez slide above.  Used glock slides seem to sell for what I can get the Suarez for.

The rules state in 21.3

SLIDES: Current rules remain in effect – You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.

and 

22.1b

A slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing optical sights or cocking serrations. Textured finishes, grip tape, milling or stippling on the slide to provide texture is also allowed. Cuts that are designed to specifically or significantly lighten the slide, such as holes, are ruled as competitive advantage and prohibited.

The only difference I can see is Suarez has forward cocking serrations, so I'd say it is legal.

2 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

The rules state in 21.3

SLIDES: Current rules remain in effect – You may replace the slide with an OFM or aftermarket slide which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original slide for that model of gun.

and 

22.1b

A slide may be modified specifically for the purpose of installing optical sights or cocking serrations. Textured finishes, grip tape, milling or stippling on the slide to provide texture is also allowed. Cuts that are designed to specifically or significantly lighten the slide, such as holes, are ruled as competitive advantage and prohibited.

The only difference I can see is Suarez has forward cocking serrations, so I'd say it is legal.

The area of concern for me is the top corners along the length of the slide.  OEM is rounded, Suarez is flattened on an angle.  Not sure if that fits the "original contour" requirement or would be considered "cuts designed to specifically lighten the slide"...  

3 hours ago, tha1000 said:

Morgan City isn't near anyone!

Who close to Jackson, MS  does glock slide work? Precision Tactical in Hoover might be able to do it as well. https://www.ptarms.com/ 

$250 for the slide already cut is probably going to be hard to beat price wise. If you are worried about staying legal getting a stock slide cut would be the safest.