Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Polymer Stock III

Jeff O

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jeff O said:

Mine's a Match Pro - SAO. But that makes me much more interested in the Polymer Match.

2 hours ago, Jeff O said:

What kind of numbers are you getting with the upgraded parts in the Polymer Match ?

You can still use titant/bolo/etc for SAO. Will give you a better trigger than fuddling with the travel screws.

1 hour ago, Jeff O said:

Okay as hard as it is for me to believe my average on 10 trigger pulls with a Lyman digital gauge was 1-12 !!

How does the trigger feel to you overall?   And what do you think of the reset?
Eager to hear more.....

Overall the trigger feels great - it is not as good as my two Lim Pro's with the Titan and Bolo - although lighter, it is not quite as crisp and reset is a little longer, although not long by any stretch. Have to remember I only have $650 in this gun total at this point including shipping and transfer fee. Also got it to work great in a Blade Tech holster for a Stock III by putting in a little thicker grommets. If my front sight gets here from Dawson I'm going to try it in a match Saturday. Test-fire tomorrow.

Edited by Jeff O

Thanks for the info Jeff.  That makes me hopeful that it will fit my Ghost holster for my Stock III.
I have a P-Match Pro my FFL ordered in for me that hopefully I will have time in the next few days to go pick it up.

Any thoughts on using a regular P-Match (DA/SA) for carry optic?

Edited by DenverDave

No problem Dave, I plan to use mine for ESP. I suspect to make the standard P Match shootable you would have to do a Titan and a bolo and I haven't explored disassembly yet. Will give you a shooting report on the Pro later today.

Okay first shots fired today, my standard 9mm load - 1.125 oal BBI 125 grain TC. The gun did not want to go into battery, I'm wondering if it's the way too heavy recoil spring or if the chamber is too short like my Lim Pros were before I had them reamed. When it did work it was very accurate. Recoil springs will be here Friday I'll try that first.

Edited by Jeff O

I know that bullet. And I know the Tanfo chamber.

My guess is it won't plunk & spin in the barrel until you're at somewhere between 1.100" and 1.110". Drop a few into the barrel and see if they spin. If not, shorten them until they do.

My M&P shield has a similar length chamber to most CZs and Tanfos. I shoot the 125 bbi's through it often, and it needs them at 1.110" or shorter.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Put on a .150 x .90 Dawson f/o and took it to an IDPA Match. Shoots dead nuts, never touched the sight. 9th overall (67 shooters) - my fault I shot a good guy, first senior. However one day after I bought this I stumbled upon the new Stock I from Patriot and I'm really not a thumb safety guy. ?

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/handguns-pistols-revolvers/442339-eaa-tanfoglio-p-match-pro-9mm.html

Edited by Jeff O

1 hour ago, Jeff O said:

Put on a .150 x .90 Dawson f/o and took it to an IDPA Match. Shoots dead nuts, never touched the sight. 9th overall (67 shooters) - my fault I shot a good guy, first senior. However one day after I bought this I stumbled upon the new Stock I from Patriot and I'm really not a thumb safety guy. ?

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/handguns-pistols-revolvers/442339-eaa-tanfoglio-p-match-pro-9mm.html

Anything else you can tell us about  it Jeff?

Maybe the best grip fit for my hand I've ever felt and the trigger is competition-ready out of the box. Gun ran flawlessly for 6 stages. I could not have shot the gun with the stock front sight. The Dawson makes it very good. Only real negative is that the reset is a bit long.

Edited by Jeff O