Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cleaning up trigger pull on M&P 9 pro

mjkten

I shot the CZ 75b in my first two IDPA outings. The reset on that pistol is very long, but the SA trigger pull is smooth.

The M&P has a much shorter reset, and of course has the same trigger pull every time, and it's not too bad really. 

I really have a lot to learn about this game, so my expectations are to slowly and safely improve. But I love to tinker a bit!

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2017 at 4:59 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Strong clicky reset is a marketing gimmick used to sell guns to recreational "tactial" guys who don't know any better.

Go shoot a match with a silent-resetting gun that has identical trigger travel to one that you are used to from a thousand reps of dryfire. It'll make absolutely zero difference.

No one actually uses the reset in a match at any kind of speed. Especially the guys who yell loudest that it's the one true way. I had to film a buddy (who preaches reset) coming almost completely off the trigger before he'd beleive me.

Yep..  Just Slap Away with a Good Grip..

On 7/26/2017 at 1:25 AM, Magsz said:

I dont see the point in dealing with Burwell when you can get an amazing trigger pull with drop in parts.

The only saving grace that Burwell has is that he removes pre travel but...if you know how to run a trigger, who cares.  Id rather save myself the headache of having to deal with him.

How come Dan Burwell doesnt return Emails or Messages ??   He may do a great trigger job but he sure is UNProfessional..  

I will probably go with the Apex Setup too now.. 

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, mjkten said:

I bought the M&P 9 pro to play with in IDPA SSP. The take-up is gritty,  the actual pull weight and reset seem ok to me.  What is the fix? I don't want any reliability issues.  I've looked at the Apex site and they seem to be the company to go with.  Don't really believe it will improve my scores,  but a sweet trigger pull is very satisfying. 

Also check out Springer Precision he does a lot of work on the M&P as well as the Sig's...

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Strong clicky reset is a marketing gimmick used to sell guns to recreational "tactial" guys who don't know any better.

Go shoot a match with a silent-resetting gun that has identical trigger travel to one that you are used to from a thousand reps of dryfire. It'll make absolutely zero difference.

No one actually uses the reset in a match at any kind of speed. Especially the guys who yell loudest that it's the one true way. I had to film a buddy (who preaches reset) coming almost completely off the trigger before he'd beleive me.

Yes I have noticed the same thing, a nice trigger and reset are great in a long range rifle, but what has been noticed is that once the buzzer goes off, very few people can tell me how far off the trigger they come after each shot..