Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Overseas

uscbigdawg

So...the Army has seen it fit to send me to South Korea. I have no clues what the laws and availability of ranges are there. However, I figured, why not go to the best resource on the net...BE.com.

Anyone know if there is IPSC in South Korea/southeast Asia? If so, what are the rules/regulations regarding firearms. I'll be doing some heavy reading at the IPSC sight tonight.

FWIW, I know about Hong Kong, China, Japan and Thailand. So, any info on what's a go/no-go there would be helpful too in the way of rules, equipment restrictions (i.e. calibers allowed/not allowed in various countries, etc.). Any info is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

SPC Richard A. White

1/507th PIR, A-Co (for now)

Fort Benning, GA

So...the Army has seen it fit to send me to South Korea.  I have no clues what the laws and availability of ranges are there.  However, I figured, why not go to the best resource on the net...BE.com.

Anyone know if there is IPSC in South Korea/southeast Asia?  If so, what are the rules/regulations regarding firearms.  I'll be doing some heavy reading at the IPSC sight tonight.

FWIW, I know about Hong Kong, China, Japan and Thailand.  So, any info on what's a go/no-go there would be helpful too in the way of rules, equipment restrictions (i.e. calibers allowed/not allowed in various countries, etc.).  Any info is GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

SPC Richard A. White

1/507th PIR, A-Co (for now)

Fort Benning, GA

rich-hope things are going well for ya. one word of advice-those shorts and tank tops you were used to on the left coast won't cut it over there...bundle up!! :lol:

So...the Army has seen it fit to send me to South Korea.  I have no clues what the laws and availability of ranges are there.  However, I figured, why not go to the best resource on the net...BE.com.

If you wanna shoot outside the USA the best resource is the IPSC Global Village.

http://ipsc.invisionzone.com/

You have to register with using your real name, but all the international guys are there so you can get a pretty quick answer.

I just got back from a government sponsored stay in Korea. I was in Yongsan, Seoul. As far as shooting goes overthere, I got to qualify once for the year. Seeing how your an E-4 you will have to live on base and that kills your other option. I lived off base and bought an airsoft gun and practiced with it, however you know the Army, you can't have the airsoft in the barracks. (you'll put your eye out) So I hate to kill your spirits but you will be rusty when you come back. and besides Korea is better than Iraq right now.

Yeah...I knew they didn't have an IPSC region. I was hoping for like an Airsoft league or something.

Oh well....rusty it will be...more incentive to practice when I get back.

PS...Iraq isn't that bad.

Thanks for the info.

SPC Richard A. White

1/507th PIR, A-Co

Fort Benning, GA