Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What size dot?

Robert King

I'm looking to add a Deltapoint Pro or Sig Romeo 1 to my Glock 19. Maybe shoot carry optics for fun but it is really for a truck and concealed carry gun. Two questions. First is opinions on the Romeo 1 vs Deltapoint Pro. Both have the motion activation that is a must have for me, since it is a carry gun. Second question is dot size. Romeo is a 3 and DPP is a 2.5 or 7. Is the 7 just to big?

Bigger is always better for competition or SD. Larger dots are easier and faster to pick up, especially in bright lighting conditions. Small dots are for precision and target shooting.

18 minutes ago, igolfat8 said:

Bigger is always better for competition or SD. Larger dots are easier and faster to pick up, especially in bright lighting conditions. Small dots are for precision and target shooting.

I don't agree with this at all. Really depends on the sight.  Brightness is more important than size.

A 2.5 moa dpp is much easier to pick up on a bright day than a 8 mos fastfire 3 for example.

havent seen a romeo 1 in person but regarding 2.5 or 7.5 dpp both work fine but I like the dot better. It's just as easy to pick up and I think it looks more crisp than the triangle. Triangle isn't too big if you zero with the tip rather than the center of the triangle.

I have the 2.5 dp pro and its bright. I was worried about the dot size at first but it's so bright I have no trouble with it at all. I turn it on at the safe table before the match starts and leave it on the whole time.  Not sure if it cuts off after a few minutes if non use. When I make ready it's on and bright. 

I carried a old style delta point for years with a 7.5 delta

Great for close quarters shooting comp or SD

and I sighted the point of the delta in at 25yds for precision shots

Never a problem or concern with either

Often shot my carry gun in an IDPA type practice match they had at my club one night a week

My wife uses a 7.5 delta on her Carry Optics gun sighted the same way

I'm looking to add a Deltapoint Pro or Sig Romeo 1 to my Glock 19. Maybe shoot carry optics for fun but it is really for a truck and concealed carry gun. Two questions. First is opinions on the Romeo 1 vs Deltapoint Pro. Both have the motion activation that is a must have for me, since it is a carry gun. Second question is dot size. Romeo is a 3 and DPP is a 2.5 or 7. Is the 7 just to big?

I have a 6.5 RMR Dual Illumination. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am using a Venom with a 3moa dot. Was worried it would be too small and considered the 6 but I am very happy with the 3. I feel like if it was too big I would have doubt to where the bullet would be inside the dot, but no second guessing with the smaller one. Turning it up on a bright day makes it still very easy to see, not really seeing the appeal of anything larger.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk