Which CZ 9mm Steel Frame?

Joeg26er

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 0:48 PM, Joeg26er said:
I'm trying to decide between 
Shadow 2
Shadow target 2
Shadow sp 01 custom
Any opinion?

If you are shooting in IDPA, the Shadow 2 is too heavy.  It is 46.5 oz, and 43 oz. is the maximum allowed. 

The original Shadow is legal for IDPA ESP, and I believe the Shadow Target II is as well. 

I am not familiar enough with what the Shadow SP01 Custom is to comment on that one.  There are several models with the "SP01 Custom" description.  

Edited by Ken6PPC

The CZ sp01 shadow Is the best for IDPA and the shadow 2 for USPSA.

If you may consider shooting USPSA carry optics then the sp01 shadow is the best all around choice.

If you go with a sp01 get a shadow model. For the extra $300 you get an extra mag, upgraded sights and a better trigger.

The standard sp01 is going to cost you at least $250 in CGW and CZC parts for a decent trigger that still wont be as good as a shadow with polishing and a couple springs.

sp01 shadow with all the well known and established work done to it. that will give you the ultimate best trigger.

none of them will be awesome right out of the box. out of the box i've felt the shadow 2 has had the best.

3 hours ago, rowdyb said:

sp01 shadow with all the well known and established work done to it. that will give you the ultimate best trigger.

none of them will be awesome right out of the box. out of the box i've felt the shadow 2 has had the best.

Is there an FAQ for the sp01 shadow trigger modification?

the sp01 tuning guide from the user kneelingatlas is considered a must-see here in the cz forum. if you want to send the gun off you have cz custom, cajun gun works or mink is doing stuff on his own now.

everything gets polished. a new disconnector is fitted and installed. a new hammer. a change in all the springs. a new trigger if you'd like. then of course other stuff, like firing pin and spring. do all of those things and you end up with a nice break, low poundage and super short reset. far far nicer than stock.