Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

7 hours ago, JusticeOfToren said:

If 45 CAP makes weight for IDPA, does that mean the parts on a 45 CAP Stock 3 can be used on 9mm Stock 3 (except barrel) as legal parts?  I think the answer is yes.  That indirectly makes the extreme parts SSP legal too.

Yes. And I can consider my 9mm Lim Pro + Titan hammer an SSP legal gun.

10 hours ago, JusticeOfToren said:

If 45 CAP makes weight for IDPA, does that mean the parts on a 45 CAP Stock 3 can be used on 9mm Stock 3 (except barrel) as legal parts?  I think the answer is yes.  That indirectly makes the extreme parts SSP legal too.   This is kind like how the Shadow was legal in SSP before the 2017 rules.  

Yes it would make the stock parts on a 45 acp Stock 3 legal on any SSP gun. But what are the "stock" parts? The 45 acp Stock 3 does not have an extreme hammer, has the EAA "standard" hammer. And there are not any extreme variances in the 45 acp cartridge. It does however have the overtravel screw on the trigger that could be used. 

But one one may argue that the since Stock 3 makes weight in one caliber then all variances of it, regardless of caliber, are "legal" and their parts are legal as well. What would be correct here?

Also, how is the Titan hammer SSP legal? Please explain, I'd love for that to be the case as I want to install one!

1 hour ago, ClintMorris said:

Yes it would make the stock parts on a 45 acp Stock 3 legal on any SSP gun. But what are the "stock" parts? The 45 acp Stock 3 does not have an extreme hammer, has the EAA "standard" hammer. And there are not any extreme variances in the 45 acp cartridge. It does however have the overtravel screw on the trigger that could be used. 

But one one may argue that the since Stock 3 makes weight in one caliber then all variances of it, regardless of caliber, are "legal" and their parts are legal as well. What would be correct here?

Also, how is the Titan hammer SSP legal? Please explain, I'd love for that to be the case as I want to install one!

Extreme Stock 3 in 45 ACPaaf4a1c5e8b4eaf017dd0bc2599f0790.jpg

Edited by JusticeOfToren

Extreme Stock 3 in 45 CAPaaf4a1c5e8b4eaf017dd0bc2599f0790.jpg

If you look closely, the hammer in the catalog is a Titan hammer, not Delta hammer. In 2017 all xtremes come with Titan hammers by default.

This really does not matter that much, because in EU countries Tanfoglio ships Xtreme guns based on customer requests of any available Tanfoglio parts, including any Xtreme line or Unica line parts. I have comfired this with Tanfoglio directly. What this implies is that you will see Xtreme guns equipped with Titan hammers out of factory prior to 2017, most likely from EU shooters as EAA in the US does not allow customer direct orders.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, JusticeOfToren said:

If you look closely, the hammer in the catalog is a Titan hammer, not Delta hammer. In 2017 all xtremes come with Titan hammers by default.

This really does not matter that much, because in EU countries Tanfoglio ships Xtreme guns based on customer requests of any available Tanfoglio parts, including any Xtreme line or Unica line parts. I have comfired this with Tanfoglio directly. What this implies is that you will see Xtreme guns equipped with Titan hammers out of factory prior to 2017, most likely from EU shooters as EAA in the US does not allow customer direct orders.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thanks, good to know. I guess I'll be ordering a titan hammer!