Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving: Time To Pack Up The Ammo

Tman33_99

Since I will be moving into my new (to me) house in less than two weeks, I decided tonight would be a good time to do the final packing of the loaded ammo and loose supplies.

I did a quick survey of what I had to pack and figured one book size box would be just about right. Set it on my reloading bench and started boxing up all my boxed ammo. I was so proud of myself that it all fit almost perfectly into this box, not too full and no wasted space. All my ammo in one box for the move, I am set.....or so I thought.

Taped up the box, labled it and then tried (tried is the key word here) :blink: to lift it. Damn, I didn't figure my ammo would weigh in at over 250 LBS. It didn't feel that heavy loading the box B).

So spent the next 30 minutes transfering half of this box into another box.

One good thing. I found bullets and primers I forgot I had :D

Only 250 pounds of loaded ammo? And you call yourself a competitive shooter?

That's all?

250lbs isn't even trying.

Well I knew this move was coming for a few months now, so I have loaded all my supplies (thus I guess I will have to order more when I get settled :D ) and have run myself down to the minimum of what I would normally have. Only 2K of 40, 800 of 45 and 1K of 357Sig is not much compared to where I like to be :rolleyes:

Not the press around here. One of the idiot-filled local tv stations showed picture of "a large quatity of ammunition" on the news one night when the cops busted a meth lab. In the picture was two boxes of White Box 9mm, a box of 12 ga shot shells, and a brick of .22 LR.

What most of us have would be called "enough ammo to start world war III" or some similarly stupid statement.

"Not the press around here. One of the idiot-filled local tv stations showed picture of "a large quatity of ammunition" on the news one night when the cops busted a meth lab. In the picture was two boxes of White Box 9mm, a box of 12 ga shot shells, and a brick of .22 LR.

What most of us have would be called 'enough ammo to start world war III' or some similarly stupid statement."

Boy, am I glad they didn't see MY closet!!! :ph34r:

:lol: